About Me

As you know, my name is Ava Lynn Carter and I am 21. I have 3 sisters which you'll hear about later down the line. I come from an upper middle class family and had what you call a 2 parent household.

Society may lead you to think that just because I have both parents whom are married and have a little money that life's great. Well that part is not true! Growing up my parents worked 24/7 to provide for us, and give us what they did not have. But while doing such things they forgot to give us love, mainly me.

Most of you're thinking how could they forget you, you're the baby. That's right I am, but I also have 3 sisters. 3 sisters that are loud, outgoing, and fight for what they want. Me on the other hand, tuh, I'm shy, and insecure.

I learned how to read, write and tie my shoes at 4, rode my first bike at 5. Learned Spanish at 6 and also sign language. You're probably wondering how? Lol, my mother is a very smart woman and she wanted me to be ahead of my age not knowing that it would make me an outcast in schools. I mean you try being the only first grader that knows how to multiply, add, subtract and divide big numbers.

At the age of 9, it was recommended to my parents that I be taken out of public school and be sent to a private school or maybe even be homeschooled. My mom, Sheila, decided to put my in private school, alone. She didn't send my sisters only me. That mad me feel weird.

I was then taken to UMS- Wright Prep School in Mobile, Al. See we live in Saraland, Alabama and it was about a 25 minute drive from there to my new school. While at this school, they thought I was too smart to be in grade so they gave me this really hard test to take and that test determined if I'd stay or be put in a higher grade level.

When the results came back, it was stated that I would immediately be transferred to the 6th grade. Amazing right? Wrong! I was bullied, a lot. I don't know why thought, it was not my fault that I was 9 years old doing elementary algebra or that I could in fact read an entire book and remember every single word. It was not my fault but they blamed me.

A few weeks later we got a new girl in the class. She looked nice and she was pretty too. I came to learn her name was Kiandra but she insisted that I call her KiKi. That day started our friendship. She fought for me when I was afraid, she guided me and she stayed by my side still till this day.

Our Sophomore year of high school, while walking to lunch, we noticed something  well someone new. That someone was Lexi. We didn't become friends tight off the bat though. It took awhile cause KiKi was not friendly at all and neither was I. Hell I hardly talked back then.

One day, after cheer practice Kiandra and I noticed her sitting on the stairs outside campus and started wondering why she wasn't gone yet. Me being me, I decided to ask her if she needed a ride home and if something was wrong because school dismissed at 3:10 and it is now 5:30. That's a LOONGG time to be waiting on someone. Luckily she said yes, and after I talked KiKi into giving her a ride we left.

We got to know her better and learned that her father was supposed to pick her up and she called and called but he didn't answer. It was heartbreaking to hear cause whew this Alabama weather is nothing yo play with. It was damn near 100 degrees outside and its September.