Family Life

My family life is not that great. Yes, we have a bond but we were not what you call close. We were distant. My mother, Sheila and father David were not your normal parents.

In most households the father is the strict, tough love parent but not in mine. My mother was the discipliner while my father was the talker. My mom was the worst, not stating meaning my father was good. I remember my senior year of high school when I got my first C. Believe it or not it was because I was sick with the flu but they wouldn't allow me to stay home from school. I was 15, 15 and had NEVER skipped, had a tardy, or missed a day of class EVER.

You would think me sneezing every 6 seconds and coughing every 10 would change their minds right.. But it didn't at all change their minds. I went to class everyday for 7 days until Kiandra got fed up and I almost fainted. Shit, I thought I was going to die that day. What started as the flu turned into pneumonia and ended with me being hospitalized for damn near a week. But, do you think my parents cared about my health? No! They cane to the hospital every single day with school work that Kiki and Lexi ended up doing for me.

One more thing you should know about my parents, they are what you call high school sweethearts. They graduated from McIntosh High School in McIntosh, Alabama. My mother, Sheila has a Doctorates in Speech Language Pathology and a Bachelors in Real Estate she graduated from Samford University In Birmingham. My father, David, on the other hand is a Nurse Practitioner and finished school at the University of Alabama and the University of Alabama Birmingham.

Now about my sisters, Bop is my favorite. She understands me better than the rest of the family. She treats me good not like an outcast. Averie "Bop" graduated top of her class at Saraland High School with a 4.3 gpa and an Associates Degree in Biology and certified in phlebotomy. Now at 23, she graduated from the University of South Alabama in Mobile with her Masters in Nursing and is a Registered Nurse.

My oldest sister, Aniya, also graduated top of her class with a 4.2 gpa with an Associates Degree in History with a minor in criminal justice. She currently attends Harvard University and is studying law with only a semester left. At the age of 25, she will receive her Doctorates.

The knee baby, my sister Aleah, graduated the year after me from Saraland high school top of her class with a 4.1 gpa and with her real-estate license. She is currently attending Auburn University Montgomery and will be graduating in December with a Bachelors in Biology focused in Microbiology.

I on the other hand graduated top of my class at UMS-Wright Preparatory School with a 4.02 gpa with a Bachelors Degree in Microbiology and a minor in Audiology. I currently attend the University of West Georgia in Carrollton and am working on getting my Masters in Speech Language Pathology.