Butterflies

*This chapter isn't very long, sorry about that. It is more of a filler chapter. I hope you enjoy it and are excited for what is to come! xoxo, thegirlygirl100*

Aaliyah mustered up the courage to let Dr. Stevens check her teeth and within a few minutes, he was finished.

"Aaliyah, your teeth look great. You are good to go and I guess I'll see you in six months. Shawn, I will see you in two weeks for your surgery" he said while giving Shawn a firm handshake.

"Yes sir, see you then" Shawn nodded back. As Dr. Stevens left the room, Aaliyah climbed out of the dental chair and stood up.

"Alrighty, you are all done. Let's go schedule your next appointment." I said. As I led both of them down the hall, I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around seeing Shawn with a slightly nervous expression on his face, yet he still seemed happy. He pulled me aside and grabbed my other hand.

"Rachel, I really like you and I was wondering if you'd every like to go out sometime?" he smiled. I couldn't help but grin and nodded 'yes'. A look of joy overtook his face and we continued to walk to the front of the building. We got to the secretary's desk and I realized that it was now time for me to get back to work. I set my hand on Shawns shoulder and told him that I had to go.

"I'll pick you up at 8" he said as I was walking away. I turned around and flashed a smile, receiving one in return. The feeling of butterflies had returned to my stomach and it was hard to put my focus back on work.

...

I got home from work around six, giving me enough time to get ready for my date. I called my best friend, Abby, to tell her the good news.

"Oh my gosh, Rachel! I am so happy for you!" she said. She ended up coming over to my apartment around six-thirty to help me get ready. As I did my makeup, she went into my closet to pick out my outfit. I was about to do my hair when I saw her come out from around the corner, holding a black bodycon dress. "Rachel, you need to wear this!" she pleaded.

"Don't you think its too...I don't know... sexy..for a first date?" I questioned. 

"Of course not, you can play it down a little bit. You will look beautiful in this dress." she smiled. I agreed and got changed. We paired it with a denim jacket and black slip-ons. I finished straightening my hair and adding the final touches.

"Rachel! You look amazing" she said. I looked in the mirror and saw myself, surprised at how different I look. 

"I love it, thanks Abby!" I said, giving her a big hug. I looked at my phone, seeing that it was almost 8 o'clock. "Oh my gosh, it is almost time!" I said. We both hung out and chatted as we waited for Shawn. I was beginning to feel nervous and didn't know what to expect. Finally, 8 o'clock came and I heard a knock on the door.