Job?

Thank you so much for 10k views! I'm so happy that y'all are enjoying it! I never thought people would actually read my work but you all have proven me wrong. Thank you again, it means a lot!

This is more of a filler chapter but there is a lot more to come. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day of searching online for hiring clinics, I closed my computer in frustration. I couldn't find one that would be as good as Dr. Stevens' office. I set the thought aside as I cooked myself some dinner. It was getting pretty late and I hadn't eaten all day. I fried some fish and vegetables, along wish making a cup to tea. As I sat down to eat, my phone buzzed with a text from Shawn. 

Shawn 8:23 PM: Look outside. 

I got up from the table and quickly ran to the windows. Down on the street below me was Shawn, holding some flowers with a big smile on his face. He quickly made his way inside and pulled me into his arms. 

"I've been wanting to do this all day" he said, squeezing me tightly. "Since I haven't heard from you I'm guessing you haven't found a new office yet" he said. I nodded, resting my head on his chest. "That's good because I have a surprise for you". This made me pull away in confusion. He looked as if he were about to burst. 

"Come sit " he said excitedly as we walked me towards the table. After we both took a seat, he took a big breath and smiled. 

"Just tell me already!" I yelled, playfully hitting him. 

"Okay, okay! I did some asking around and my manager, Andrew, said that his college roommate is the head at the private dental practice downtown. He has been looking to hire so I sent over your resume. Andrew is going to talk to him too but I think you'll get the job!" he said. I covered my mouth with my hand in shock, not knowing what to say. He pulled up pictures of the office on his phone which made me even more excited. It was all clean, white tile with accent colors around the rooms. The actual exam rooms were huge and everything was gorgeous and modern. I couldn't believe it. I started to tear up and Shawn pulled me into him once again. 

"And the best part is that since it is a private office, you can still have me as your patient!" he smiled. I leaned up, kissing his lips, and thanked him several times. I ate my food as we continued to talk about the new office and how I would most likely be hired. 

"You should be getting an email tonight" he said, grabbing my hands. I was starting to feel a little anxious. Time passed and the two of us just hung out, talking and cracking jokes. He teased me about last night and how drunk I was, bringing up the fact that I basically stripped down in front of him. 

"Oh shut up" I yelled. He laughed and shook his head, probably picturing it all over again. I was about to jump on him when I heard my phone buzz on the counter. I got up and sped towards the kitchen, clutching my phone in my hands. I turned my back as I pulled up the email, skimming over the first few lines. 

"...read your file... payment and further details...we would love to have you on our team" I read off of my phone out loud. 

"I got the job!" I screamed, coming to the conclusion that I was now an employed woman again. Shawn ran over and we hugged in excitement.  "Thank you so much, babe" I said. This couldn't of happened without him. I continued to read the rest of the email then and we celebrated for the rest of the night.