Skating

*OOPS I accidentally wrote the wrong name when i published this chapter the first time. My bad lol. I hope y'all are enjoying it ;)

We got into the car and I started to become excited. Hockey could be fun, right? I could sense how thrilled Shawn was because every time I looked over at him, he was grinning ear to ear.

I watched the buildings pass by as Shawn drove. As time went by, I got lost in my own thoughts, which made the car ride go by faster than I excepted. Shawn pulled into a parking lot that was attached to a huge building. There were signs everywhere for the local hockey team, the Los Angeles Kings, which looked pretty cool. Cold air blew into my face as we walked through the doors.

Soon enough, we were in a locker room. Shawn pulled some clothes for me out of his bag as I pulled my shirt off.

"Here yah go, cutie" he said. I saw him smile as he looked at me, seeing me in my sports bra and leggings.  Both of us got changed and went to put our skates on.

After I fumbled around for a minute or two, Shawn got onto his knees and helped me tie the laces. I used his body for support as I stood to my feet. We hobbled over to the entrance to the ice and I felt Shawn take my hand. He stepped onto the ice and immediately spun in some circles as I stood on the side watching.

"Come on, Rachel" he gleamed. I grabbed the side of the wall and slowly set my foot down. When I felt stable, I set my other foot down and let go of the wall.

"Wow, you're a pro" he joked, skating circles around me. He spent the next hour teaching me the basic skills and it was pretty fun, even though I was holding onto him for the majority of the time. As more time passed, I was beginning to skate faster and farther away from the walls.

Shawn glided over to where I was taking a quick rest and grabbed my hands. He pulled me towards the center of the rink.

"Let's try something" he beamed. A look of worry spread across my face. "Don't worry. It's not hard." he said. I didn't know if I should trust him. Boys are boys and I knew something would probably go wrong.

"Alright" he said. "I am going to spin you around. Make sure you keep a tight grip on me, I don't want either of us to fall. The faster we go, the more fun it is, you'll see." he smiled. I grabbed his arms and he started to skate backwards. He took a sharp turn which caused us to begin to go in a circle, Shawn still facing my direction. He pulled me closer and we began to go faster. Both of us spun around as out skates shaved the tip of the ice.

After a couple seconds, Shawn took a step out which slowed us down. Once we were at a pretty low pace, he turned to me and smiled.

"See, that was fun wasn't it." he said.

"Yes! How did you learn to do that?" I replied.

"Back when I played hockey, my sister loved to ice skate so I took her to the rink a lot. She's actually pretty good and has taught me some cool moves, like that one." he said. I pulled him in towards me and set my hand on his chest.

"Shawn?" I said. His eyebrows perked up. "Do it again" I laughed.

***

After awhile we both started to get tired. I skated around as he put all of the hockey equipment away.

"You know, Rach. You are actually pretty good." he said.

"I had a good teacher" I smiled, twirling around. He was standing at the entrance to the rink, holding his skates in his hand. I glided towards him and slowed down to step off of the ice but something happened. My skate slipped and I lost grip of the edge. My feet came from under me and I felt myself hit the ice. Everything went quiet for a moment. The only thing I could hear was my thoughts. I felt movement around me but didn't pay much attention to it. Voices started to muffle back as I just laid there on the cold ice.

"She's bleeding, we need help." someone said. I turned my head, seeing Shawn on his knees next to me. There were other people too. I didn't know any of them. "Rachel, can you hear me" he  asked in a panic. I didn't talk. Instead, I just nodded my head a little. The other people said a few things and I felt my body being picked up by Shawn. As he walked with me away from the rink, I looked back to where I was laying, seeing a small puddle.

"Blood?" I spoke, very quietly.

"Shhh, Rachel. You're okay. I've got you." he said. I laid my head back in his arms and listened to all of the dampened sounds taking place around me.