Hospital

We arrived to the hospital in record time. Everything happened in a blur. I felt my body being laid on a bed and people were swarmed around me. Shawn held my hand the whole time. 

"Someone get her an x-ray" someone announced. The bed started to move and I felt Shawn's hand being pulled away. The ceiling started to spin so I closed my eyes, trying to understand what all was happening around me. 

***

I woke up in a hospital bed and the room was quiet. As I opened my eyes, I saw Shawn sitting next to me. I went to speak but realized something was in my mouth. As I went to take it out, Shawn noticed I was awake.

"Hey, don't take that out. It is helping the bleeding stop." he said softly. I laid my hand back down, noticing the IV sticking out of my arm. Shawn must of seen my worry because he laid his hand over the tape, taking my attention off of it.

"The doctors said you got a concussion when you fell. The IV is just to make sure you don't feel any pain." he said. I pointed to my mouth and he smiled. "When you fell, you hit your mouth. We managed to stop the bleeding but after this, we are going to your office to see if you did any damage. I've already called and informed Dr. Stevens." he said. 

I sighed and laid my head back. He rubbed my arm which made me feel better. We sat in silence for a minute or two.

"You know, you look beautiful right now" he said. I rolled my eyes and gave him 'the look' which made me laugh. How could I possibly look good when I'm laying in a hospital bed? He continued to chuckle when the door opened, making us both look. 

"Hello Rachel, I am Dr. Potter," he said, shaking my hand. "I've looked over everything and you are good to go. I will send a nurse in to take that IV out. Just take it easy, try not to do any quick movements with your head for the next few days and take some pain medication of you have any aches." 

I nodded my head which made him turn to Shawn. "I see you are taking her to get her mouth better looked at." he said. Shawn nodded and they talked for a minute. It ended with them shaking hands then Dr. Potter left the room. Shawn talked to me while we waited for the nurse. I could tell he felt bad for what happened. I tried to let him know that nothing was his fault but it was hard to talk with the gauze in my mouth. 

The nurse walked in quickly with a tray in her hand, setting it on the table next to me. Shawn stood and came to my side as she started to take the tape off of my arm. I looked away as she slid the needle out of my arm. After placing a bandage over the spot, she told us we were good to go then left the room.

***

Shawn helped me to the car. I was still a little dazed and needed his support to walk. I managed to sit in the seat, buckling myself. As Shawn got in on the other side, he looked over to me. 

"You ready?" he asked. I nodded my head. What else could I say?