Chapter Eleven Part II: When the Gazelle Trips the Lion

Content Warning: This chapter will contain mostly mature content. If this is not for you, please skip ahead to chapter Twelve.

Kashera

Kashera

The moment the words left my mouth he let out a sharp breath, but he only lowered his guard slightly. I kept my gaze locked on his, refusing to waver or give him any reason to further doubt my intentions. I shook my head as he tried to look away from me in vain. I took my fingers and brought his focus to me as I grabbed his chin between them as I spoke.

"Matteo, I'm here for you because I want you. This, us, doesn't make sense at all, but I'm done trying to make sense of things that obviously aren't meant to have an explanation. What I do know is that when I walked out of the restaurant everything in me called for you no matter how hard I tried to tune you out. I know I asked for more time, but I didn't need it. I needed you. I always did, and that scarred me. It honestly still does, but I'm done running from my fears. Especially when my only fear is you being too good to be true," I said with a sure confidence. He looked at me observant as ever, but the cracks were becoming more obvious in his armor as my words registered in his calculating mind.

"Kashera, I would do anything for you, but for the sake of my literally sanity I can't chase you around in never ending circles. If I don't mark that line I'd willingly let you play me like a fiddle. My sanity be damned. Please don't make a rash decision that you aren't sure about. I'd rather wait for your decision to be final than to have you in this moment just for you to change your mind. We can't. I can't do that dance with you," He said his uncertainty almost pleading through his voice. I had to admit it sucked to know the doubt that my running had caused, but I was determined to fix all of that if he'd only let me. I let out a breath before I pressed myself into him further and moved us into the house fully. I closed the door blindly as I watched his jaw clench at out lack of space, and I didn't move to break my gaze from him in this defining moment.

"I can understand the doubts you may have, but I already told you tonight not to question how I felt about you," I started off looking at him firmly, "Look at us. Look at where I am. I'm here because you have constantly given me the choice to stay away or be as near as I want to be from you. I'm choosing for as long as you'll have me to be as near as you'll let me. I'm choosing you. I'm choosing us. So what do you choose Matteo?" I challenged.

He looked at me a moment before he leaned his head into my neck and inhaled before placing a kiss there. I let my head fall to the side with a sigh as I molded into him with his strong arms wrapped around me tightly. He littered kisses slowly up my neck, and my hands played at the back of his neck in his hair. Not being able to help myself, I spread my fingers into his hair and pulled eliciting a gasp from him near my ear. His hands gripped my sides as he lifted his head and pressed his forehead against my own. His eyes were lingering over my face until they locked on my own. They'd darkened in color, and I pushed my thighs together as I found myself leaning into him as he took his lip between his lips.