Chapter Thirty-Five: When the Lion Imposes His Will On the Coalition

Matteo

Matteo

A day had passed since the blow up that occurred at my now ruined house on the family compound. The foyer room and the living room was bare as most of it was loitered to the brink with glass and fallen paintings. I could've called someone in to clean, but just to keep myself occupied once I returned from the doctor with Lilly, I cleaned it up myself in sections much to Lilly's disdain.

I'd been laying low with Lilly at the house without a word to anybody. I had security keep my family away from here after I had ensured them all was fine and I would coming by as soon as I could. That soon was now as I pulled up into the driveway of my parents house behind Katerina's white Mercedes. The soft lull of the music filled the simple Porsche truck as my head pounded from the pressures of what I knew was about to occur.

Looking over to Lilly once I shut off the car's engine, she met my gaze back with a smile on her flawlessly made up face. Her bright hazel eyes which were made even more pronounced by the brown color blended on her lids shinned as they looked up at me. Her soft pink lips twisted up further as I looked over her from her head where her long hair fell in thick curls down to her chest where a thick silver necklace rested. The black quarter-sleeve jacket she had on covered the green top underneath that ruffled out at the bottom. Paired with black pants and heels she looked ever as much as the angel she set forward to be. I couldn't help but to shake my head before speaking to her.

"You ready for this?" I asked her and she let out a small scoff before she gave me a knowing look.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" She said with sarcasm filling every syllable she spoke making me chuckle lightly.

"Fair point. Before we go in I have to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Last night I noticed as I looked over footage and reports from after we left, that Anfernee's movements have picked up drastically again. Now according to your plan you were supposed to kill him before you got me. This is obviously panning out differently, so how am I supposed to take it?" I questioned with a leveled voice. She let out a breath to remain even but I saw her face tick. Her eyebrow lifted slightly before she blinked her frustrated demeanor away quickly, but it was too late as I'd already caught it. I kept my mouth shut still, and let her go through her motions.