Prologue

A muscular black tom pinned a scarred tabby to the ground near a cliff. "I should have known how much of a traitor you really were." The old tabby rasped grimly.
The black tom smirked smugly. "ShadowClan doesn't need weak cats to make us run from battles. I will be leader, ScarStar. I will make ShadowClan fight back for as much blood is spilled." He hissed arrogantly.
"I always knew you were an arrogant little runt. But your mother, NightShade believed you'd be the best warrior of the clans, Scourgeheart." ScarStar hissed.
"You are no longer my deputy, SpottedFire, will lead ShadowClan after my death, but I won't die with out a fight you worthless kitty-pet!" The Old tabby roared. "You old fool. This is the worst decision you've ever made. I could kill you in one blow old-timer!" Scourgeheart boasted. "Ha! I have more fighting skills than a blinded traitor like you!" ScarStar yowled furiously.
The old, but skillful leader leaped after Scourageheart and a flurry of pelts blurred the scene. "Get to the moonpool. NOW SPOTTEDFIRE!!" ScarStar roared while slicing Scourageheart's flank. The black tom yowled in fury and thrashed at ScarStar, knocking the breath out of the old tabby.
"Keep an eye out on this weak piece of crow-food while you can. I'll go stop that soft-hearted weakling from becoming leader. I'm ShadowClan's true leader!" He snapped mercilessly at two of the clan's warriors. Then he streaked after The golden-brown speckled tom who was the brand new deputy of ShadowClan.
A very pale gray tabby tom with stripes like the night lunged at the furious black tom. then, a battle raged on at the field of bloodshed.