Chapter Five

The cats yowled in victory. ThunderClan had successfully defeated, and driven the dogs away. But they were defeated themselves. Many cats were killed in this fight against the dogs. Quicksilver lay limply along with, GorseSweep, Frostfoot, JackdawSong, and a few others. GrizzlyPaw was impaled against a branch with his corpse hanging creepily from it. CrocodileStar was lying limply too. WolfPaw was horrified of the amount of dead cats in ThunderClan.
Moonfur was carefully addressing to the remaining cats. "We all know that we suffered the losses from our fellow clanmates. ThunderClan will never forget this tragic event that happened so suddenly."
"CrocodileStar, is dead." She meowed deeply.
There were gasps among the crowd of cats, even from WolfPaw herself. "I will be going to the MoonPool tonight at moonhigh."
"Duststorm will be the new deputy of ThunderClan. He has proven us loyal, and is a brilliant fighter."
"He would make a fine leader of ThunderClan." Moonfur finished.
Then she leaped from the Highledge and went towards the corpses of the fallen warriors.
"We will all remember these fallen cats for their great courage. They were true ThunderClan warriors, and are now making their way up to StarClan." She began.
"May these warriors rest in peace, and guide us whenever."
Then, Moonfur dipped her head in honor and headed straight to the leader's den where she will share tongues with CrocodileStar for a final time.
WolfPaw grieved with DartPaw over their parents. The mentors of the young cats sat down to comfort them, for they too mourned.