Chapter Six

It was about moon high, when Moonfur left Duststorm in charge of the camp. Muskypelt flicked his tail impatiently and they headed out the bramble entrance. The new leader was heading for the MoonPool.
Siltleaf was licking his paws. He approached by WolfPaw and DartPaw unwillingly.
"You two apprentices are lucky to have survived that skirmish--"
"WHAT, are you calling a skirmish!?" Wolfpaw hissed.
"That fight was more like a massacre!" DartPaw added sharply.
Siltleaf flinched to the two apprentice's reaction. He shook his head for a second then padded away into the Warrior's den.
"Huff! I wonder what was going through his mind when he said that." WolfPaw sneered. "It must be as small as a nut!" Her brother meowed jokingly. The gray she-cat chuckled and then RedClaw came padding to her.
"Come on, we got to get back to training Wolfpaw. And by the way.... I was very surprised at how you fought in the battle. I'd never thought you'd survive." He purred
"T-thank you." she mewed shyly
Then, Moonstar returned to camp. She looked more stronger and serious than before.
WolfPaw trotted behind RedClaw as they left camp, and into the woods of their territory.
"See if you can catch that squirrel, Wolfpaw." RedClaw whispered.
"I bet I can!" She mrrwed cheerfully.
Then, she got into a hunting crouch, and her tail was swaying furiously.
"No, no, no! You have keep your tail still, or the prey will run away before you can capture it!" RedClaw hissed.
WolfPaw scowled.
She kept her tail as still as possible, and POP!!!! The squirrel was caught in between her jaws, limply.
"Outstanding catch, Wolfpaw! It's not often an apprentices captures their fist prey!" He purred pridefully.
Overwhelmed by pride, Wolfpaw dipped her head with pleasure and honor.
RedClaw took WolfPaw to the edge of the territory where she will learn some new fighting skills.
"No, move back a little bit, or the enemy will topple you over!"
"You rear up like this with your claws unsheathed, and land on your enemy's forequarters or head."
"No. Not like that. Your stomach would be torn out if you did it like that!"
RedClaw ordered firmly at a time.
"That's enough training for today, we should return to camp and rest." RedClaw panted with relief.
The sun was sinking into the horizon and the sky was spilled with a pooling purple.
RedClaw padded back to camp with Wolfpaw hot at his heels.
They shared her squirrel before going on a dusk patrol.