I. Crossing Paths

Another summer evening.

The wind brushed past her as it flipped the pages of her sketchbook, reminding her to get back to it. She loved spending her days off like this. Sitting in the quiet park like she was just another ordinary woman. She loved her work, being on stage singing her heart out to her fans with her two best friends but lately she felt something missing in her life.

Chaewon sighed and looked back down at the book as she flipped through the various sketches from the past week. She stopped at one of a little boy sitting in a stroller with his head slightly tilted and a subtle smile on his face. Her fingers brushed over the light graphite markings, admiring the detailing of her own work. She had only seen the boy once but his smile lingered in her mind. Much like a lot of the other children she had drawn throughout her book.

Just as she was about to flip back to the page she was working on, she heard a tiny yelp. She looked up to see a little girl slowly picking herself up from the ground. Chaewon tossed her sketchbook aside and rushed to help her. She picked her up and dusted the dirt off her knees.

"Thank you," a tiny voice said. Chaewon looked up to see the little girl shyly turning away. The girl was adorable. Her brown hair was tied into two low pigtails and she had the brightest eyes Chaewon had ever seen.

She smiled back and noticed the girl's untied shoelaces.

"No problem. Make sure your shoelaces are tied properly next time, okay?" she said and neatly tied the little girl's shoe.

The little girl nodded enthusiastically. Chaewon looked around but couldn't see any adults in the park. She turned back to the girl ask softly asked, "Where are your parents?".

The girl smiled sadly, "Madam Elle says they're in heaven,".

Chaewon didn't know how to reply. She could apologise but the girl was too young to understand why. So she just smiled at her again and asked her where Madam Elle was. As they were walking, Chaewon noticed the lanyard hanging around the girl's neck.

Enozi Children's Home

Name: Miyawaki Sakura

Age: 3

Chaewon held Sakura's small hand as they walked to the playground. The little girl pointed to a lady in her fifties frantically searching for something or rather, someone. Sakura happily called out to her in her little voice. The lady who Chaewon assumed to be Madam Elle, let out a sigh of relief and walked to the pair.

"Thank you so much for bringing her back. I was so worried," she said to Chaewon and pulled Sakura in for a hug.

"It's no issue. I'm glad I could help," Chaewon replied and was about to let go of Sakura's hand but the girl's tiny fingers wrapped tightly around Chaewon's, refusing to move. Chaewon noticed the shoelaces about to come undone again and crouched down to tie them. Sakura grinned at Chaewon with her little pearly whites.

"Thank you," she squealed as she threw her arms around Chaewon's neck and hugged her tightly. Chaewon was taken aback for a moment but chuckled and patted her back.

It was odd. They had barely spent ten minutes together but all Chaewon wanted to do in that moment was protect this innocent little girl with everything she could. 

A/N: hihi, it's Izzy. This fanfic is based on a tweet I saw about a part from the legendary Bangkok vlive. In it, Sakura laid down on 2kim's lap and took one of their phones- peak kid behaviour. Jokingly, I tweeted it as an au prompt and wrote it while I was bored ages ago. Found it in my drafts and felt like posting it so :)