XVII. Fuzzy Feelings

"Momma, I think I'm sick," Wonyoung pouted as she walked into to Chaewon and Minju's bedroom with the most serious look on her face. 

She flopped onto their bed and let Minju place the back of her hand on her forehead. "You don't seem like you have a fever but let me get the thermometer just in case," Minju said and was about to get up but Wonyoung tugged her back just for a hug. 

"Everything okay, Wonyo?" another voice asked. Chaewon had just come out of the bathroom and she sat by the edge of the bed, running her fingers through her daughter's hair.

"I don't know. My stomach feels weird sometimes. I ignored it at first but now it's more frequent," she told them. 

Chaewon put a pillow in the middle and patted it. Wonyoung immediately laid her head on it and her mothers laid down next to her on either side. They pulled her in close, sandwiching her in between them and placed loving kisses on her forehead.

"When did it start?" Minju asked, still very concerned for her daughter's health.

"Well, the first time was during sports day. I fell down and scraped my knee and got a tiny scratch on my forehead, remember?". 

Her mothers nodded, remembering how panicked they were when she got home and they saw her limping.

"Yujin was the one who cleaned my wounds and I felt this weird fuzzy warmth in my stomach when she came close to clean the cut on my forehead,". 

Chaewon and Minju glanced at each other, their worry replaced by a knowing smirk on their faces. 

Chaewon smiled softly and ran her fingers over the place the cut once was on Wonyoung's forehead. "Was it just that once?" she asked.

"Nope. The next time it happened, I was outside and it was raining very heavily. Yujin and I managed to find a spot to take shelter but it was tiny so we were kind of hugging,". Minju's eyes grew wide and she glanced at Chaewon again who just chuckled silently. "It was kinda cold so I thought the fuzzy feeling was because of that,".

"When else did it happen?" Minju asked, curiosity filling her.

"Just now! Yujin and I were talking on the phone when her baby brother came into her room and asked her to sing to him before he goes to bed. She has an incredible voice by the way. While listening to her, the fuzzy feelings came back. I don't even know why!". Wonyoung sounded exasperated, like this was some sort of puzzle she just couldn't solve.

"Does this happen often?" Chaewon asked.

"A lot more often recently, yes,"

"And is Yujin always with you when it happens?" Minju smiled.

Wonyoung paused for a while, thinking about each time her stomach felt weird, "Yeah," she replied, still confused as to why her mothers would ask such an odd question.

Chaewon and Minju giggled softly. Wonyoung just looked between them as though asking what was so funny. They pulled her in even closer and ruffled her hair. Their little girl may be a genius but she was still a little dense in other aspects.

"My sweet girl," Minju started, "those are called butterflies,".

"What now?"

"It's the feeling you get when you're around someone you like. Like a crush," Chaewon finished.

"A cru-WHAT?! No no no, Moms, Yujin and I are just friends. She would never like me like that. Yeah, we're close and all and we have held hands before, but only platonically! And and and cheek kisses are only platonic too! She's got a ton of admirers to choose from anyway. There's no way she would-," Wonyoung rambled on. She was just like Minju whenever she got flustered.