XII. KimKim

"Mommy, how did you two and Momma meet?" Wonyoung asked Chaewon. The little girl had leaned her head back on Chaewon's chest and stared at her mother with those big sparkly eyes filled with curiosity. 

Yuri smiled and handed the photo album to Chaewon. She flipped through the next few pages and stopped at one with her and Minju. The pictures were clearly professionally taken.

"This photoshoot,"

{flashback}

Chaewon groaned, very annoyed. 

It had been about a few months since the whole ferris wheel confession and Chaewon was ecstatic when she found out her last-minute plan actually worked. 

Look, she loves Yuri and Yena with all her heart and she loves that they love each other to bits. But sometimes, she would just like to have a normal conversation with the two instead of watching them flirt every twenty seconds or worse- kiss. She even moved into the guest bedroom so that she didn't have to witness their never-ending cuddle sessions.

They were gross but honestly, Chaewon knew that she was more jealous than actually disgusted by the pair. It would definitely have been a lot more tolerable if she wasn't so hopelessly single.

Yeah, she was just bitter.

Her mind wandered off to the night at the amusement park. She had finished the impromptu stage so that Yena and Yuri could have some alone time and she texted their group to tell them to meet by her car. 

She was having a good day. Things were going great. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back, taking in the fresh night air. She loved night time. Pretty stars and a soft breeze and oh, a hint of caramel popcorn. Perfect. 

Or so she thought.

Suddenly, she felt something icy on her stomach. She looked at her shirt which was soaked in what seemed to be a blue slushie.

"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. I was totally engrossed in watching the stars. I'm so sorry. I should've been more careful-" the girl who apparently spilled the slushie on her was rambling at a hundred words per second.

"Hey hey, slow down,"

The girl looked up at Chaewon but quickly avoided eye contact. Too bad for her, Chaewon had already caught a glimpse of her eyes that were partly hidden by a black cap.

"I'm really sorry," she apologises again.

"It's okay. I was engrossed in the stars too so it was my fault as well," Chaewon chuckled. 

They stood there for a minute, neither saying a word. The girl looked down at her shoes, still looking like she felt horrible for spilling the slushie. She probably felt cold because of some of the slushie was spilt on her. 

Chaewon, on the other hand, was frozen for an entirely different reason. The girl's eyes. It was mesmerising. She thought she had seen the prettiest stars that night but she was wrong. Chaewon swore the girl's eyes twinkled when it caught the light. Magical.

She was just about to offer to buy another slushie for the girl when a familiar voice called out to her. "Chae, let's go,". 

Damn duck! 

Chaewon reluctantly nodded towards the girl in front of her, "Don't worry about it," she told her one last time before walking towards Yena and Yuri.

Who would've thought a few seconds of eye contact with a random girl could leave the Kim Chaewon so frustrated the following weeks. 

Chaewon believed that the universe had its way with people. She always thought that if something or someone was really important, she would somehow stumble upon them sooner or later.