IV. Home

{time skip}

Minju carried Sakura and buckled her safely into the new car seat while Chaewon put the luggage away in the back. Sakura's face was stained with dried tears from the goodbyes to her caretakers and friends but her face was as bright as ever. They had been her family all this time and they would always be but now it was time for her to be a big girl and live with her new family like Madam Elle said.

"Are you ready to go to your new home, Kkura?" Chaewon asked as she got into the car and Minju started the engine.

"Yes!!" she squealed eagerly.

Chaewon and Minju hadn't known Sakura for a long time but ever since that night at the orphanage, they knew they had to be the ones to take care of the girl forever. Since then, they spent every moment they could with her and got their home ready for the new addition. They prayed so hard that Sakura would love her new house, new room and everything they had prepared for her arrival. They were just as much excited and anxious as the little girl.

The radio was playing in the background although they weren't paying much attention to it. At one point, the radio presenter announced the next song they were going to play.

"Next, we have 'Love Bubble' by The Joyuriz," he said.

Sakura clapped her hands excitedly, "That's your song!". Chaewon and Minju chuckled at her excitement and turned the volume so they could all sing along. 

The song finished just as Minju reached their house and parked the car. Chaewon carried Sakura out of the car and they all walked hand-in-hand to the front door.

"Welcome Home Sakura," Chaewon said as she opened the front door. Sakura slowly walked in, her big bright eyes looking around and taking in every inch of it.

It was a relatively big house but enormous in the little girl's eyes when she compared it to the orphanage. She walked into the living room, admiring the large TV but stopped at a bunch of framed photos lined up on the shelf. She tiptoed to get a closer look. She saw a picture of Chaewon with two other women around the same height. She assumed they were probably Chaewon's girl-group members, Yena and Yuri. She remembered Chaewon talking about them a few times and has been really excited to meet them.

Right next to that picture was one of Chaewon and Minju in long white dresses, both holding a gorgeous bouquet in their hands. Around them were so many people, friends and family, all with wide smiles on their faces. Sakura beamed at the thought of her being one of them now.

"Kkura, do you want to see your room?" Minju asked. Sakura nodded excitedly and followed them up the stairs. 

Chaewon pointed at a door with a small frame with simple yet beautiful sketch of a cherry blossom was drawn on it. Sakura slowly pushed the door open and gasped as she entered. The walls were a pretty light pink. One wall had a mural of a cherry blossom tree with a queen sized canopy bed sat against it. 

"It's a princess's bed," she squealed. She ran around the room, getting excited by every little thing from the storybooks on her shelf to the new toys that were waiting for her to play.

Chaewon slid her arms around Minju's waist and rested her head on her wife's shoulder. Minju put her arm around Chaewon, pulling her in even closer as they watched little Sakura jump around delightedly in her new home.

From unpacking Sakura's suitcase to eating dinner together, the three of them had spent the entire day together. It was getting late at night and Sakura was obviously sleepy despite trying to prove otherwise.

They were all wearing matching pink pyjamas as they got ready for bed. Sakura had just come out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth and she picked out a book to read before going to bed. It was the same one Chaewon and Minju had read to her on the first night at the orphanage. She settled herself in the middle of the bed and pulled the duvet up to her chin as she waited for them to start reading.

And just like that day, Chaewon read the story as Minju made her funny faces until Sakura dozed off. Wordlessly, the two got under the covers on either side of Sakura. The bed was big for a child but a bit small for the three of them. However, they didn't mind. It was a great excuse to cuddle closer together.

Chaewon and Minju kissed the temples of Sakura's head and the little girl's eyes fluttered open slightly as she smiled softly at them. "Good night, Mommy," she said facing Chaewon. She yawned and turned to Minju, "Good night, Momma," and snuggled into the two of them.

Tears threatened to spill in both Chaewon and Minju's eyes as they watched the little girl. Their little girl. 

They looked at each other and then at the angel sleeping peacefully between them. In that moment, they decided to spend the night in Sakura's room just for that day. Both of them pressed close to her and held each other's hand midway as they fell asleep.

~~~

A/N: Well, that's the end! End of Part 1 at least. The title does say kidS so maybe, just maybe there will be an addition to the family. I have a few ideas in mind but I have no clue when I'll get to write them.

I didn't want to wait until next week to update because my exams start then (I'm terrified, someone save me) and after they're done, my family is going overseas until mid/the end of December so I really don't know when I'll get to update.

I apologise if this story isn't that good. I'm still trying to figure out how to write well. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed reading this short fanfic!

- Izzy :)