X. Joyuriz

One of the first pictures in the album was Chaewon and Yuri standing side by side in front of their university. 

"Where's Aunt Yena?" Wonyoung asked.

"This picture was taken right before we met her for the first time," Yuri said.

"Tell us about it! Tell us about it!" Hitomi and Nako said excitedly.

"Alright, just one story before bedtime," Chaewon said and started, "It was the first day of orientation at our university..."

[flashback]

"I can't believe we're university students now," Yuri gasped as she stood outside the campus gates and gazed at the building in front of her.

"You better not ditch me once you meet new friends or I'll post all of your embarrassing videos," Chaewon threatened, jokingly of course. No matter what, she knew Yuri and her would always be by each other's sides.

Chaewon and Yuri had first met in their first year of high school. They were both shy and quiet students who would've never crossed paths if it weren't for the annual school musical. They both got important lead roles and would often stay late in the practice room so that they could get every part right. Since they had spent such a significant amount of time together, even after the musical was over, they ate together at lunch and went to karaoke together. 

When Yuri wrote her first song, Chaewon was the first to hear it. Yuri nervously stared at Chaewon's expression as the latter was listening to the recording on her phone and was sure it was terrible when Chaewon didn't respond at all but really Chaewon was speechless. After a few minutes, she couldn't stop praising Yuri. She was also the one who convinced Yuri to tell her parents that she didn't want to take over the family business but pursue music instead. It was tough for Yuri, especially since her family wasn't supportive of her choice but they came around eventually.

Just as Chaewon was Yuri's pillar of strength, Yuri was hers. Yuri was there when Chaewon's father passed away. She was there through all the tears and sleepless nights right by Chaewon's side. She would be the one to get Chaewon out of bed everyday and made sure she ate a decent meal. She knew that Chaewon's father was the biggest influence in her interest in music. Losing him was unbearable for Chaewon. Whenever Yuri used to go over to the Kims' house, the days and nights were filled with him playing the piano while Chaewon and Yuri sung along. There was never a dull moment in that house. Losing him was hard on both of them.

The two of them had been there for each other through some of the toughest times in their lives and had learnt to rely on each other through it all. They were more than just best friends. They were like sisters. They couldn't be happier to start the next chapter of their lives together.

"Hey kids!" a loud voice called out. Chaewon and Yuri turned around and saw a girl running towards them. "Are you Kim Chaewon and Jo Yuri?" she asked to which the two girls nodded. "Great! I'm Choi Yena. Both of you are in my orientation group," she said before taking their hands and leading them inside.

They learnt quickly that Yena was not only a dance major but a clown as well. She would crack jokes and act silly just to make those around her laugh. She had this bright energy that made everyone around her feel comfortable although she was a year older.

At first glance, she seemed chaotic and clumsy but she was surprisingly very good at taking care of her juniors. Within the first week, she got all their numbers and knew exactly which department they were studying in. She would check on them often to make sure they were settling in well.

One day, Chaewon and Yuri were so busy that they had missed lunch and dinner. They were starving but they couldn't get food delivered because it was raining heavily outside. When Yena had found out, although it was nearly midnight, she went out of her way and found a small restaurant where she bought food and showed up at Chaewon and Yuri's dorm.

They gasped when they saw her at their doorstep, soaked from head to toe but a wide grin on her face. "There was only fried rice left. I hope it's enough," she said. Chaewon and Yuri ushered her in and forced her to dry herself and change into some dry clothes which they lent to her. The trio ate together and spent hours talking. They got along very well.

Yena's dorm was in the next building and to get there she would have had to get drenched in the rain again. Despite Yena insisting that rain wouldn't hurt her, Chaewon and Yuri convinced her to spend the night at their dorm. They didn't want Yena to catch a cold right before the semester started.

Yena was quite popular. She had friends in every department which wasn't really a surprise considering her bubbly character. At some point in the night, the three of them started playing with the funny filters on Yena's phone. They rolled around, laughing to their hearts content at how funny their faces looked. 

While laying down on one of the beds, Yena noticed a guitar by her side and somehow the night turned from laughing at funny filters to singing ballads. Chaewon and Yuri were surprised at how pretty Yena's voice was and how all three of their voices complimented each other so well. Their little cover session ended in the wee hours of the rainy night.

The next morning, all three of them were bombarded with notifications and texts from anyone and everyone. It isn't shocking but Yena has had a lot of clumsy moments. However, that one may have been one of the most memorable. After playing with the filters the night before, Yena had accidentally turned on a live video. The camera was facing the floor so nothing but black could be seen but their voices were crystal clear. Some of Yena's many followers had recorded the live video and shared it and it went viral.

They were receiving offers from various entertainment companies to officially debut as a group. They were a little hesitant at first because they hadn't known each other for very long but after about a year or so, they had gotten a lot closer and decided to finally give their group a shot. 

It wasn't easy to juggle school and practice both their singing and dancing. Sometimes they would stay up late days at a time to write and compose new songs or study for upcoming tests. But they worked hard. 

They were given a chance to live their dreams and it would've been a shame to not take it.

They way their group was formed was an accident, a big one. But it turned out well in the end. Now, they couldn't imagine their lives without each other.

[end flashback]

"And that's how our group formed," Yuri finished.

"Thank you for being clumsy, Mom," Chaeyeon said to Yena for which she got tackled to the ground with tickles.

Sakura flipped through the pages of the photo album. She landed on a page with two photographs. She recognised them. One of the photos was framed and kept in the living room of her house. "Could you tell us the stories behind these two photos?" she asked Chaewon with her wide, curious eyes.

Chaewon smiled fondly. It was one of her favourite pictures and her heart started racing just thinking about that day. She looked towards the girls who were all very excited but she could see the tiredness weighing them down.

"That's for tomorrow night," she said, "It's time for all of you to go to bed now,".

"Awww," the girls whined in chorus.

~~~

A/N: hiya! you'd think i'd have more time to write but it's been two and a half weeks(?) since the last update. sorry about that. i've been a little sick and been busy sorting some stuff out for school.

i also apologise that there isn't any minju in this update. a 2kim fic with no minju? i must be losing it. buuuuut the next two chapters will be out at the same time and she will be in one of those :D don't ask me when i'll post those though. i would like to write and post them soon but this school shit is still bugging me.

besides that, i hope y'all have been staying safe! take care of your health~

thank you for reading. i hope you enjoyed it :)