VI. Big Sister, Little Sister (bonus)

The moment was perfect.

But perfection never really lasts when there are children involved.

Within a split second, Wonyoung pulled Sakura's finger and bit down on it. Minju's eyes widened and Chaewon instinctively moved to save Sakura's finger but the little girl had already pulled away and was rubbing the injured spot. Wonyoung was still really young and only had a few tiny teeth so there wasn't anything serious besides the initial shock. Minju, Chaewon and Yuri stood back, frozen in place while wondering how Sakura would react. Yena was just trying her best to not laugh out loud. She knew how siblings bicker and fight. It was always the case with her older brothers but at the end of the day, she knew they had her back. Chaeyeon just looked between all of them, confused.

Sakura stared at her sister, trying to figure out what was going on in the baby's head. What is this little demon? But after a few seconds, Wonyoung let out the heartiest little giggle and was throwing her arms up and down with excitement. Sakura couldn't help herself, she smiled at her sister and carefully dangled her finger in front of the baby once again. This time she was careful not to let Wonyoung pull it too close to her mouth and whenever she would pull her finger away, Wonyoung would be sent into a fit of giggles. The smile on their faces got wider and wider. And the look in Sakura's eyes got fonder and fonder. Chaeyeon even joined in to play with the little baby.

Minju and Chaewon breathed a sigh of relief. It surely wasn't going to be easy to handle the both of them. But for moments like this, they wouldn't mind it at all.

As they were about to return to their cars, Chaeyeon turned to her mothers, "I want a baby sister too!" she squealed excitedly. Yuri nearly spat out the water she was drinking and Yena had already started feeling dizzy at the flashbacks of sleepless nights from when they had just brought home Chaeyeon.

"Then our sisters could be best friends just like we are!" Sakura piped in. 

Minju tried to stifle her laughter and Chaewon just added, "That would be so cool," earning a glare from Yuri which screamed "Don't encourage her!".

Yena cleared her throat and smiled at Chaeyeon. "Another baby is wonderful but I don't think we're ready for that," Yena told her daughter. Chaeyeon's excited demeanour vanished and she had the saddest look in her eyes. Seeing that Yena faltered. "B-but hey don't be sad. S-someday it will happen,".

"Promise?"

"Promise," she said, restoring the smile on Chaeyeon's face.

She looked towards Yuri, hoping for a smile saying that she handled the situation well but was only met with a frown. Yuri was fuming. She knew that look. She said something wrong. Again. She thinks back and smacks herself internally. Probably shouldn't have promised her kid a sibling without talking it through with her wife. Well, the damage is done now. It's not like she can take it back anyway. 

So when Chaewon mouths a "good luck" to her as they head to their respective cars, Yena really hopes and prays that she lives to see the next day.

~~~

A/N: this one was in my head and i found it adorable. it wasn't going to be included at first but i decided to throw it in. i just hope it made you laugh or smile.