9

As soon as I went into the closet, I set my phone on a shelf and played a 2-minute loop of me shouting for help that I made last night. I made it two minutes so it wouldn't be so obvious it was repeating. Then I walked over to the farthest end of the closet- it was pretty big, thank goodness- and began my transformation.

I began to feel the skin-tight hot pink bodysuit wrap around me, something I hadn't felt in a long time. I felt the yellow boots on my feet, the yellow miniskirt around my waist, the yellow gloves on my hands, the yellow shoulder pads warming my shoulders, and two yellow lines crisscrossing and making an X on my chest. And the little blue lightning bolt right in the middle of the X, where the lines intertwine. Then I pulled the oversized pink hood over my head, to keep my identity hidden better.

And, last but not least, the black mask over my eyes. Unlike my glasses, they did not hide the mark shaped like a lightning bolt between my eyes. The was a tiny hole in the mask, where my birthmark blazed. 

"Mangoes," I heard.

Then I walked out of the closet, not as Leila, but as Lightinga. My true self. Daughter to the world's post powerful supervillain.

And if he was a villain, I was one too.

Mr. Madison walked into the building, whistling. "Get him," My dad said. So I tackled the sweet old man, one of the few who had been so good to me. I pinned him arms behind his back.

He grunted. "Who are you?"

My dad tied a thick rope around his wrists. "I," He said, hesitating when he tied the knot. Then he walked around to face Mr. Madison, while I held onto his shoulders. "Am The Evil Lightning Lord," he pointed to the closet. "Your precious mayor, the little girl, is locked in the closet." He paused so we could hear the screams from the closet.

"Miss Leila!" Mr. Madison screamed. I couldn't help but smirk to myself. I liked to think I was an exceptionally good actor, and the assistant's cries were proof of that.

I finished wrapping another thick rope around him, so he couldn't move his arms. Then I shoved him in a closet and locked it. The lock was from the inside, so I used a coin to lock it. "We aren't gonna let either of you go until you turn on the big broadcasting screen and let me announce to the city the fact that I'm going to rule the city from now on!" My dad shrieked.

"I would never betray Leila!"

"Okay," I smirked. "Then you're staying in there."

"Shut up, Lightinga!" My dad scratched my shoulder with his nasty fingernails. "I do the talking."

My dad was yelling at Mr. Madison through the door, and after while the loop on my phone was getting annoying. "Shut up, Leila!" I screeched. I grabbed some duct tape and opened the closet. I changed the loop to another one I had recorded beforehand, but this one had muffled cries. I grabbed the duct tape and locked the closet again. Now they would think I put tape over "Leila's" mouth.

When I returned to my dad, Mr. Madison was saying he'd set up the broadcasting camera. So much for not betraying Leila, I thought. The broadcast would go on every TV in the city. So I untied the ropes from his wrists, but his upper arms were still stuck tight to his body, thanks to the other rope. We watched as he pressed a blue button.

Nothing happened.

I heard Mr. Madison mutter "Oops, wrong button," but I wasn't paying attention to which button he had pressed. Since I knew them all by heart, I figured it was probably just the button for the printer or something. He pressed another button, and this time the screen turned on. "We're recording now."