19

I woke up tired Sunday morning, trying to avoid sleeping, as doing so would avoid the nightmare in the process. I grabbed my phone, which was going off. Sunny was texting.

Hi, Leila!

Hey, Sun

What's up?

Not much. U?

Just bein lazy. Hey, I wanted to tell u somtehng...

Go ahead

I'm sorry for how mean I was yesterday. I guess I overreacted.

That's ok. I forgive ya ^_^

K good! So wanna hang out later? To make up for yesterday lol.

What I didn't want to tell Sunny was that I had plans with Mason tonight. But did I really have a choice anymore?

Um, actually, is it alright I come over now? I got something to tell u.

Yeah sure!

K. Be over in 15.

I walked over to Sunny's, terrified. How would she react? Would she be mad? Would she be jealous? Would she be hurt? Would she be all three at once?

"Hey, Lei!" Sunny opened the door. I wasn't sure why everyone started calling me Lei. Nobody had done it before.

We walked to Sunny's room. "So what's up?"

"Sunny... me and Mason are... together."

She looked at me, confused. "I know you're together a lot. You're, like, good friends."

"No. We're like a thing."

"Well, you are both things, technically, yes."

"Sunshine. We're... we're in love."

I'm not sure if she was teasing before, but now her eyes were bugging out. "What?! No way! Since when?!"

"Since.... Thursday." It really hadn't been that long, but so much had happened in the past week, it felt like it'd been longer.

"YOU'VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR FOUR DAYS AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ME?! WHYEVER NOT?!" Sunny didn't seem as mad as she did excited.

"Oh, I don't know. We didn't want you to feel like we were abandoning you." I admitted.

"Abandoning me? Leila, don't you know how much I love the thought of you two being together? I totally ship you guys!" Sunny was practically squealing now.

I sighed. "Thank the bolts. If you weren't okay with it, we might've broken up."

Sunny stared at me like I'd just poured mud on my head. "Why would you do that? No, don't let me stop you! I'm a big fan of Leison!"

"Leison? Really?" I rolled my eyes, but I smiled, because I was so happy. Mason and I could be together. I was certain now nothing would stop us.

"You smiled! You like it!"

"So... we're going on a real date tonight. At a restaurant and everything. I'm scared as heck. I've never even been on a date." Well, excluding hanging out with Greedy at LIU...

I was worried I was accidentally going to kill Sunny by dumping my little box of life glitter on her, she was so excited. "The ship is happening! Ahhhh!"