The Bubbler

"Marinette!" I sigh and sit up. Tikki. It's been a week since we fought Stone Heart. Every morning since, Tikki wakes me up early. I get ready to go. "Your bag is packed. Ready to go. You have two missed calls today. One from Alya, and one from a boy named Nathaniel."

I nod. "Thanks." I wonder what they want? When I go downstairs, my parents look surprised. I think they keep expecting me to go back to sleeping in again. I totally would, if Tikki hadn't decided to be my alarm clock.

"You're up early again." I nod. "Yup, don't want to be late for school." Mama looks up at papa with a smile. "Our little girl is growing up Tom." I laugh. "Well, your little girl is in eleventh grade now. You both seem to forget that."

Mama smiles and passes me breakfast. "Oatmeal and sugar biscuits, your favorite." I look at her. "Thanks mama, but I'm supposed to be eating healthy, remember? I'm a dance student and have to stay healthy and fit." Papa laughs. "Well you don't have to worry about your looks, you got that from your mother."

I nod. "You eat, and have fun at school today. We've got to get back to work." I hug them. They go back into the kitchen and I take the time alone to call Nathaniel back.

"Hello?" I smile. "Hey Nathan, you called me earlier?" He sounded a little surprised. "Oh, yeah. I was wondering if I could talk to you at the studio after school." I smile again. "Sure. Do you want to meet there, or outside school and we can walk over there together?"

He's quiet for a few minutes. "If you want, we can walk." I nod, then remember I'm on the phone so he can't see me. "It would be fun, like old times." "Alright, see you at school then." He hangs up. "Sooo, was that boy asking you out on a date?" I turn.

"Papa!!" He smiles. "What? I was going to bring out your lunch for today, remember, I lost to you." I nod. He challenged me to another game and I won, his losers price was making lunch for my table for the week.

"Well no, he was not asking me on a date. That was Nathaniel, from last year. He's got a job at the studio and wanted to talk, so I'm going over." Papa smiles. "Alright, whatever you say." I finish eating, grab the lunch and my bag, and head out.

Guess it's time to call Alya. "Hello? Girl, you have to learn to answer the phone." I laugh. "Sorry, but I still wake up at a normal time, not super early. I'll leave that to you." She laughs. "Well, I need to talk to you. How about after school?" I smile. "Sorry, Nathan needed to talk to me already." She sighs. "Alright girl, we need to find time during school then." I smile.

"That shouldn't be too hard, we are in the same class after all. I should be there soon." It sounds like someone else is talking to her too. "Okay, see you at school then." I nod. "Yup. Bye." She hangs up. "Well, you've got a busy day ahead of you Marinette." I jump. "Tikki?! What if someone hears you?" She smiles. "Don't worry Marinette. I'll be careful." I nod.

When I reach the the classroom the room is in a frenzy. "Mari!" I walk up to Alya. "What's up?" She looks at me. "The new superheroes seem to be in hiding! Some people are saying that they're afraid of whoever is behind the Akuma attacks." I freeze. "Really?" She seems excited. Why? "I've decided to call them out. That way I can prove they aren't scared. What do you think?"

I smile. She seems happy. "Will they go?" She shrugs. "It's worth a try though, right?" I nod. Nino walks over to us. "Guess what?" I shrug. He smiles. "I'm gonna DJ at the studio today. Nathan is going to be on the show too. You should both come watch." I smile. "I told Nathan I'd come. Alya, you should come too."

She nods. "Sounds like fun." We shake on it and then go to our seats. "Quiet everyone." Adrien sneaks in. "We must work hard. There will be a big performance halfway through the year, and another at the end." Everyone claps. "Once we look good, I will choose parts and you shall learn those. Let's get to work."