Antibug

The morning of the performance starts like any other performance day. We're all hectic and trying to get ready. Makeup, costumes. Last minute set decorations. Nino is helping with the music set up, and Nathan had been helping with the painting for the backgrounds. Though most of it was done by the art students.

  Once we're all ready, I look around. Right now I have a pink dress on. Later, at the ballroom scene, we'll have different clothes. The prince and knight will both wear black, with black masks. It's a masquerade ball. I'll be wearing a white dress and white mask.

  "Places everyone!" We hurry to our places. Alya looks at me. We have a duet at the beginning. Chloe will join us after a bit. "Ready?" I take a deep breath, then smile at her. "As ready as I'll ever be." She grins. "This is so exciting! I danced a bit after school before we moved here, but this is the first real performance I've ever done."

  I smile at her. "Don't worry, you'll do great. Miss Bustier knows a good dancer when she sees one. That's why you're still here, and Theo was moved classes." She nods. "I guess you're right. When I danced with him his first day of class, he kept stepping on my feet and getting mixed up on directions." I nod.

  At the end of the performance, the knight, the prince, and me turn our backs to the audience to walk away. They are on either side of me. Before the curtain closes, I kiss the knight on the cheek. I've chosen him.

  When we're in the dressing room, I sigh. That went by fast. Alya is smiling as she hangs up her costumes. "That went by so fast, I almost thought that we still had more to do." I nod. "That's how it usually is. But you're right, it still takes me by surprise each time."

Miss Bustier walks in smiling. "Good job everyone. I have already been receiving compliments on your performance. Marinette, you danced your parts well. I've had a few people mention how much they loved the end kiss. I told them you did that yourself. It was such a simple thing, but showed so much as well." I smile.

"Thank you, but I didn't do any better than everyone else. It was just a last minute decision." She smiles.

"She's right, for once." Chloe walks up behind me. Of course she'd agree, she's still mad I got the part she wanted. I sigh. Alya walks over and pulls me over to get our bags. Then we go out to see our parents. "Bye Mari, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I nod and walk over to my parents. They both smile at me.

"You did wonderful dear. It was like you were really the princess in the performance." I nod and smile. "Thank you papa." We walk home arm in arm, one of them on either side of me.

"Oh Ladybug! Come out, come out wherever you are! Marinette will be joining us as well!" I turn. "Chloe?" She's dressed as Ladybug, but with reverse colors. She's using her own yo-yo to carry her along. My parents push me into the house and lock the door.

"Stay in your room. Maybe she'll forget to find you. Get some rest." I smile at them. "Don't worry about me." They nod. "Goodnight." I kiss them both on the cheek and go up to my room. "Ready Tikki?" She flies out of my bag. "Ready." I close my eyes. "Tikki, spots on!"

As soon as I'm transformed, I go up onto the roof and head straight for Chloe's. When I go in, it's pitch black. Where is Chat? He should be here by now. Suddenly, it hits me and I remember. I must have blocked it out. It's been a while since a villain has appeared.

"Chat! Where are you? I thought I fixed it." I cover my face with my hands and sink to my knees. The tears start to fall. He's gone. I thought I saved him, but it didn't work.

Arms wrap around me, warm arms that I know I've felt before. "Don't cry, M'lady. I'm here now, you're safe, don't worry." He pulls back, but his hands stay on my shoulders. I move my hands off my face and open my eyes.