Lady Wifi

"Alright everyone. Today we will be choosing parts. I want all of you to work hard and try your best." We silent cheer. "I can't believe it! I'm so excited for the performance!" Alya doesn't answer. I turn to her.

  She has her phone out and is pointing it at each person. I frown. "What are you doing?" She smiles. "I'm trying to find out who's Ladybug." I freeze. This is bad. "How do you know it's someone at our school?" She shrugs. "I don't. But it's a good place to start. Can you imagine? What would it be like to know her true identity?!" I shake my head. That would be bad!

  "If she wanted people to know, don't you think she'd just tell everybody? I mean, think of most superheroes. Batman, Flash, Green Arrow, Spider-Man. None of them want people to know their identity. Not only to protect themselves from the bad guys, but to protect the people closest to them." She sighs. She's about to hold it up to me when we have to stand up and go to the studio. I sigh. That was close.

  When we reach the studio, we get changed into our clothes. Miss Bustier smiles. "We'll be doing a performance that's an original. It was written by one of the students in the writing classes. It's about a princess that's supposed to marry the prince, but she's fallen in love with the knight that's been protecting her since they were children."

  I think about it. The knight? "Her and the knight have been friends and have both grown to care very much for the other. Her parents want her to marry the prince though, who is nice, but she must choose what she will do by the end of the big ball being held for her. The main parts are the prince, princess, knight, king, queen, and the two ladies in waiting." We nod.

  She has us go over some smaller bits. "Alright, you can all go stretch for now." I sigh. We spread out. As I stretch, I get lost in thought about being Ladybug. "What in the world girl?"

  I blink. "What?" Alya points. I realize I've got one leg held strait up while I'm standing on the other. Oops. I guess I've become even more flexible since becoming Ladybug. I put my leg down. Alya, Nino, and Adrien are all looking at me. I fake smile. "I told you I've been practicing at home after school." They nod. Miss Bustier walks back in.

  "Alright, after much discussion, the main parts have been chosen." A few other teachers had watched us go over parts. We all sit down. "Marinette will be taking the part of the Princess." I look down. Wow! Most of the class claps. "Nathaniel will be the prince, Adrien will be the knight, Rose and Ali will be the King and Queen, Alya and Chloe will be the ladies in waiting." We all clap.

  Chloe looks mad, and bit disappointed. I think she was planning on getting the role of the princess. "Now, the rest of you will have roles as well. They will be chosen later, so keep practicing. Those of you who were chosen today need to practice hard to learn your parts. Then to memorize them." We nod. "Lets get to work then."

  After school, Alya and I walk out together. "I'm exhausted!" Alya nods. "I agree. People keep laughing at me because I'm trying to find Ladybug's identity." I set a hand on her shoulder. "Everything will be fine. Just ignore them. If it makes you happy, then don't let them get to you." She nods. "Thanks, I have to go." I hug her. "See you at school tomorrow." She nods.

  Even though I don't want her looking at school, because it would be bad if she learned I was Ladybug, I don't want her to feel sad about it. After all, she is my best friend.

  When I reach the house mama and papa are out, baking for a party I think. I go up to my room and fall down on my bed. "I really hope there aren't any villains tonight Tikki. I need to sleep. Fighting Nathan last night really wore me out." She moves to my computer and turns on the news.

  "It looks clear tonight with a cool breeze, and bright moon." I smile. Just weather. I drift off to the sound of her voice.

  "A villain has appeared and seems to be heading to the mayor's hotel. We are currently unaware of her name or powers." I sit up. "Man! Anything that says villain will wake me up." Tikki flies over to me. "We'd better hurry Marinette." I nod and stand up. "Tikki, spots on!"