Time Breaker

"Marinette! Don't forget to bring the sign tonight." I smile. "Don't worry Alya. My parents said it would be fine, and that we can go to the bakery for snacks after." She smiles. "Your parents are awesome." I nod with a grin. They are pretty cool.

  When I reach the bakery, mama and papa are getting ready to leave. "Oh right, Marinette, Mrs. Lavillant will be stopping by to get her cake later. Make sure you let her in." I nod. "Yes mama. Bye, have a nice anniversary."

  I kiss them on the cheek and wave as they go. Tikki flies out of my bag. "Where is the sign?" I walk up to my room and grab it. I've been working on it all week. "Come on Tikki. We'll come back to let her in when it's time." She nods. "Alright Marinette, just be careful you don't forget." I smile.

  As soon as I've rolled the sign up, we hurry back to school. When I reach the school yard, Alix and Kim are stretching. "Alix is going to skate, and Kim is going to run. Whoever loses has to buy the winner dinner and ice cream." Alya is explaining the deal to Adrien.

  I walk up to them. "Hey Alya. What have Ladybug and Chat Noir been up to?" She smiles. Even though I already know, it's her favorite topic. "Well, the two biggest fights were Copy Cat, really Nathaniel's cousin Theo, and Roger Cop, really Sabrina's dad." I nod. There were a few others, but those were two of the main ones. Copy Cat was the most recent one. We fought him a few days ago.

  "Is everyone here?" Alix skates over to us. Kim walks over to stand beside her. I nod. Nino walks forward. "To the starting positions!" They get ready. I open the sign and get help from Rose and Juleka to hold it up. "Get ready... set..." We all yell. "GO!" They're off.

  Adrien is holding something. "What's that?" He looks at me. "Alix asked if I could hold it for her. It must be important to her." I nod. "Adrikins! Whatcha got?" She plucks a watch from his hand. "Eww gross! It's so old!" I sigh. Her face is scrunched up. My phone vibrates. It's my alarm. I walk over to Alya, she's standing by Nino.

  "Alya, I'll be right back. I have to go to the bakery really quick." She nods. "Alright, hurry up though." I nod. I'm almost to the road when I hear a commotion. "My watch! How could you?" Alix sound both mad, and like she's crying. She won, but her watch was destroyed.

  As I watch, it's as though a phantom flies to her, an Akuma. I watch as it vanishes. She changes. "I am Time Breaker, I'll get enough energy to travel back in time and save my watch!" Tikki flies out. "Marinette, Ladybug is needed." I realize how dark it's getting. I need to transform.

  Time Breaker turns towards me and skates. My eyes widen and I run. This is bad. I'm beginning to run out of strength. My breathing is heavy. Whenever she touches someone, they disappear and a column lights up on her skate.

  "Hello Princess, need a paw?" I glance to the side and see Chat running beside me. He smiles and scoops me up. Time Breaker skates past. "Thanks." He nods and brings me back to the school. I see that some of the others are hiding as well. "Hide, Alright Princess. I'll take care of her." I nod. He hurries away.

  The way he says it reminds me of Adrien. Though we don't have any lines for the performance, we call each other by parts to try and help keep in character. My phone rings. "Hello?" I sigh. It's papa. "Marinette! What are you doing? Mrs Lavillant is waiting, she just called." I frown. "I'm sorry papa, I was on my way."

  I peek out to see Chat running from her. "A villain appeared and was chasing me, Chat Noir appeared and is trying to beat her. We can't get past her without her noticing." He's quiet. "Alright, be careful. We'll let her in." I sigh. "Don't worry papa, I'll be safe. I'm really sorry." He hangs up. I look around.

  "Tikki, spots on!" I run out. "Lady!" I go over to him. "Chat, do you know where the Akuma is?" He shakes his head. I sigh. "Alright, I guess we need to figure that out, and soon." He nods and we go to fight her. She laughs. "If I get the energy from the two of you, I'll be able to travel far."

  This is bad. Her focus is pulled over to Alya and Nino. Chat hurries over to help them, I distract Time Breaker. She's chasing me when I trip. "Ahh!" She gets closer. I can't get up. As she gets nearer, I close my eyes. Suddenly, arms wrap around me. I hear her skate past. What happened? I open my eyes.

  "Chat!" He must have stopped her from touching me. He saved me. "Don't worry M'lady." He fades away as I try to cling on. Finally, I'm just clinging to air. "Chat!" Tears run down my face as I scream his name. Standing, I turn to her. "You'll pay for that!" She laughs.

  "I'll be in the past first. With his energy, I've got enough power to fix this." The tears burn as they fall. I feel an energy burning inside me that wasn't there before. She speeds past me and a warp forms. I run as she goes through, entering the warp before it closes.

  When everything stops spinning, I see that we've traveled into the past. It's right before my alarm went off. Chloe drops the watch as Alix skates by. She was startled by Time Breaker. I hurry down the steps of the school.

  "My watch!" Alix picks it up gently. Time Breaker skates over to her. "We can get our watch back. All we need is to collect enough energy to go back in time." I see the Akuma once more. This time, I see it enter her right skate. That's it! "Everyone run! Don't let them touch you!" Everyone runs. Marinette comes over to me.

  "Who are you? You can't be..." I nod. "I'm you, from the near future. I traveled back to stop them. They took Chat, he was protecting me." I feel more tears slip down my face.

  "She's not lying Marinette. I can sense her powers, and myself." Marinette nods. I sigh. "Hurry to the house. Mrs Lavillant is going to be a little early. If you don't go, she'll call papa and then he's going to have to cut dinner short to let her in because of all this." She nods. Then turns and runs away. I keep both Time Breakers distracted until Chat arrives to help.

  "Hello M'lady." I nod. As I think of what happened, tears threaten to fall again. "Chat." It comes out as a whisper. I shake my head and try to focus on fighting them. "Hey, sorry I'm late. Had stuff that needed to be done." I smile at her. Chat is in shock. "Two Ladybugs?! I think I'm in heaven." We both roll our eyes.

"So, Ladybugs, how do we beat them? Where are their Akuma's?" Me and Ladybug frown. Didn't he see it go into their skate? I guess he might not have been there. "It's in their right skates." I nod. He shrugs. "Alright." I sigh. "It won't be easy though, we'd better use our Lucky Charm." He smiles. "So you are Ladyboss, and she's Ladybug." I sigh. "Lucky Charm!"

When we open our eyes, she's got a brick and I've got a spotlight. A bright one by the looks of it. We both frown. I look around, then smile. "A ramp!" She nods. "Chat, can you get that sign over there?" I point at a wooden sign. He nods and runs off. When he comes back, we set up the ramp using the sign and the brick.

  "Alright, you two get their attention, I'll blind them so we can get their skates." She nods. I move to the side. They stand in front of the ramp and try to get their attention. The Time Breaker from my time laughs. "We'll just take Chat Noir again! You're nothing without him!" I clinch my fists and turn on the spotlight. "You'll pay for that! Ultimately, Hawkmoth, you will pay!"

  Suddenly, they are in the air. We both use our yo-yo's to remove their right skates. "Cataclysm!" Chat destroys the shoes and the Akuma's fly out. Ladybug and I catch them, then watch as the purified Akuma's fly away.

  We throw the brick and spotlight into the air. "Miraculous Ladybug!" I close my eyes as everything around me returns to normal. When I open my eyes, I still don't see Chat. I notice a sparkle and pick it up. Alix's watch. All in one piece. She's sitting on the ground, I walk over.

  "Here. I believe this belongs to you." Her face lights up. "My watch! Thank you!" I smile. "No problem." I sigh. Better go home.

  When I reach the house, mama and papa are getting ready for bed. "Night guys." They smile. "Love you." They go to bed. I get some cookies for Tikki. Sitting on the roof, I look out over Paris. Chat, where are you? Are you okay? Did you come back? I sigh. Tikki moves to sit on my shoulder. "Don't worry Marinette, everything will be fine." I nod. Hopefully.

  If what Tikki said is true, about the play helping me to sort through my thoughts, and decide if I have feelings for Adrien, or Chat. I guess tonight really helped. Chat, wherever you are, I guess I choose you. Though it may be a while before I'll admit it out loud, I can admit it to myself. Without you, I wouldn't be the Ladybug I am today. I hope you're alright.