Graduation

"Marinette! Hurry and get up! You need to get ready for graduation." I sit up. Bri tosses something at me. "Here, wear this. Mr Agreste said he had outfits for the both of us to wear after the ceremony." I nod. "Thank you." She nods. Tikki sits on her shoulder as I run around the room.

When I'm dressed and ready, Bri sits me down to brush my hair. "Just like old times." I smile. "Yeah." It's been so peaceful the past several months. It's nice, but also a little too quiet. I've only seen Chat a couple times since Christmas.

"There." I look in the mirror. My hair is down, lightly wavy. My bangs are braided and bobby-pinned to the side. "Are you ready?" I nod. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." She smiles and we go downstairs together.

"Here. We will see you when it's time." I take the box of food from papa and hug both of them. "Thank you." Mama smiles. I grin. "Don't be late." They nod and I hurry to school.

Nino, Alya, Adrien, and me eat the lunch that papa sent. Then we get together with everyone else to practice everything over again.

Before the ceremony, we did a short production. Everyone had a small part, and we got to dance one last time as twelfth graders.

At the ceremony, everyone goes up as their name is called. Most of us will be returning to take Miss Bustier's college classes. She is the teacher for the advanced dancers, which means she can move up with us.

I'm glad we will be together still, it would be a little sad to lose my friends.

When my name is called, I can hear papa whistling. Mama is shushing him. I wave and give a small bow. Then join the others again.

Finally, Miss Bustier announces the winners of the school wide voting. A few weeks ago, we voted for different categories. "Marinette and Adrien have been voted as best couple dancers." We walk forward and bow. I smile at him. "Not bad, for a newbie." He grins. "I have gotten better at dancing with you. I may have been a newbie that first day, but I've learned from you."

We join the others. Once it's over, we all throw our caps into the air. Then go into the changing rooms. Bri meets me there and passes me an outfit. When the other girls leave, we change.

Finally, we go out and find mana and papa. "Why are the two of you dressed as villains?" Alya frowns. I smile.

Bri is wearing a pair of overalls, shorts. She's got on a long sleeve striped shirt under, dark blue and black. A handkerchief is tied around her neck and she's wearing simple black flats. Her hair is in two buns with Akuma clips on each bun.

I have on a short sleeved tight fitting shirt, and shorts. Both are black, exception the red hourglass in the middle of my chest. I have on a weblike necklace and bracelets, and black boots.

"These are two of Gabriel Agreste's new designs. Part of a villain line. He asked me and Mari to show them off." Alya smiles now. "Oh, wow." I nod. Bri told me after I came out. She said he told her to give me the Lady Veuve Noir one.

"There you are girls. They look wonderful on you." We both smile. Mr Agreste walks around us, inspecting his work. "Marinette, let me change your hairstyle."

I nod. He walks over and I stand still as he messes with my hair. Once he's done, I find that it is now in pigtails. "Better, and wear these." He passes me web clips, two of them. I attach them to my pigtails. "Perfect."

After visiting with the others a bit, my family and the Agreste family go out to eat together. We talk about the past few years, and of Felix and Bri returning. Then Felix tells the story of how he met Lucas and Serenity. I feel it is not the full story, Lucas told me once that Felix found them because he still had a connection to the miraculous. He was able to sense them.

Finally, we finish eating. Felix and Bri get everyone's attention. "We have an announcement to make." We all quiet down. I can guess what it is already. "We are engaged." He holds up her hand to show us the ring.

We cheer. "We all knew this was coming, we were just trying to figure out how long it was going to take you to finally ask." Mr Agreste slaps Felix in the back. They start discussing plans.

"Oh, Lucas and Serenity will be going with us back to America. We are going to visit a few friends, and tell the the news. We thought it would be nice for them to go too."

I look around as papa is already planning the cake, and the others are talking about the trip. They plan on going before the wedding.

This is my family. All of them. I hope that everything will go well at college next year, but for now, I am content with this.

    End Part 1

*Happy New Years! Just a note, I did a bit of reading and found something saying that they don't have graduations like this in France, but I wrote this before that. I'm from America, and even so I'm no expert on graduations, they are usually quite long and boring though. Anyway, it's not totally accurate, but whatever. I hope you enjoy the next part.*