Previously on SurvivorZ

Humanity had a good run, but now the party's over.

Formerly benign microscopic organisms, creatures evolved within every mammal since the dawn of time, have somehow mutated into a terrible new species of parasite. Able to stave off death by controlling their deceased hosts and hunting for nourishment, these creatures now pose an extinction-level threat to all life on Earth.

In these early days of the apocalypse, most survivors still haven't grasped the full extent of the zombie menace. The enemy comes in a variety of shapes beyond the typical slow-walking reanimated corpses. There are fast ones with rudimentary intelligence, creatures the military refer to as ghouls, as well as undead animals, whose different brain compositions often make them far deadlier than their human counterparts. Additionally, some have even reported seeing horribly misshapen monsters breeding something potentially even more lethal in the dark corners of the world.

This makes one question paramount for every man, woman, and child on the planet. Faced with the prospect of dwindling resources and an entire world of monstrous cannibals hunting survivors, where can one possibly find refuge from the all-consuming storm?

Such is the dilemma facing three groups of people as they gradually come together in search of sanctuary. It won't be easy, especially for individuals whose diverse personalities often leave them at odds with one another. They must learn to stand together, or they will most certainly die alone.

Amherst, Massachusetts medical doctor Maureen Sommers is the unofficial leader of one ragtag band, consisting of university student, Charlie Lemann; Lee Dunnett, a boy her deceased husband rescued; her daughters, Emily and Danielle; engineers Robin Gaines and Drew Goodman; and former substitute teacher turned religious zealot, Judith Montgomery.

For them, the quandary of where to seek shelter is at the heart of a malevolent threat lurking within their group. Judith's warped ideology now has a target: Maureen. Unhappy about her decision to embark on a perilous journey to a military safe zone, all they're apt to find at the end of their road is trouble.

Meanwhile, the zombie apocalypse presents challenges of a different sort for the US military. Trying to maintain their secure outpost on Harvard's campus grounds is proving more difficult by the day for army NCO, Denise Lowe, her boyfriend Lloyd Pruett, and former Boston PD officer, Mike Edwards. Though the scientific work they're safeguarding poses their best chance at stopping the zombie menace, keeping things running smoothly in a city overrun with the dead may soon become too much for even the heavily armed force to handle.

Elsewhere in Boston, at the estate of the DiMarco crime family, enforcer Carl Graves is also debating his decision to return to the city. During a harrowing ride north from the scene of their latest homicide, he and Tommy DiMarco, the don's son and heir, rescue Eve Cutler from an undead dog attack at a roadside convenience. Their arrival home, at the edge of war-torn Boston, nearly drops them all into an even more terrifying situation. Surviving their frightening encounter with a new breed of zombie leaves them more confident of their ability to handle this dangerous new world... but their skills will soon be put to the test again.

Unknown to them, a new storm is brewing on the horizon. One that threatens to tear apart their tiny oasis of security and leave them all exposed to the horrors of the night.

If you're new to the frightening world of SurvivorZ, read book one of this series for the full details. It chronicles the events of the first two days of the zombie infestation, with a peek at the group's continuing struggles to survive the traumatic attack happening during their eightieth night together.

You'll find it in ebook format ($.99 on Amazon, Smashwords, and other affiliates), softcover print from Amazon, or in an earlier draft version available on Wattpad here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/94310794-survivorz

For those of you all caught up and hungry for more action, thrills, chills, and adventure, it's time to satisfy your craving. Pull up the covers and settle in for a wild ride plucked from your worst nightmares.

The dead have risen. The world belongs to them. Safe harbor, if it exists at all, lies somewhere beyond the reach of the grave. Finding it will be difficult.

Keeping it will be murder.