.16.

Beyonce POV

I decided to make sundaes for dessert, yes they are vegan. The girls deserved something nice, they are really making an effort to do better and I can appreciate it. Once I finish making dessert I find the girls in the living room with a jigsaw. They jump when they see me.

"In our defence, this is educational - a co ordination exercise if you will"

Damn, have we been that militant.

"Yeah, in Orange is the new black they get puzzles in communal areas, and by definition this is a communal area"

Solange's response answers my question.

"Yeah I've seen the plans for this place, this is a communal space. Speaking of plans I've seen my room square footage ya'll did me wrong. I coulda' -"

I raise my eyebrow and she stops.

"I mean, I am happy with my palatial abode - wait is that ice cream?"

This child, her mouth, her mouth....

"Well it was, now it's just cream because ya'll have been ranting for so long, go on dig in"

They look at me suspiciously before taking it. They even had the nerve to sniff it. I had to eat a spoon of both of theirs before they believed that it wasn't laced with something.

"Why are you acting so nice?" Solange quips

"Didn't you wan't me to be nice, anybody want more sprinkles?"

"Oh God you're dying then?" Zaire dramatical throws her hands up.

"No I'm not dying"

"Is uncle Shawn dying"

"No, Shawn is not dying"

Zaire puts her sundae down and stands up

"So it's me,? I'm dying I know it!"

"No it's me, I found this mole the other day and I knew, I knew it was death"

Lord give me strength. I raise my hands.

"Girls nobody is dying, I just thought we could use a chilled out evening. No punishment, no men just us girls"

I grab them both and kiss their foreheads and they reluctantly snuggle into me.

***

Shawn POV

I drive back into the garage and put my head on the wheel, it's been a long fucking night. I remember to put my wedding ring back and finally go inside. I disable all the alarms because I can't deal with the million questions from my wife. As I'm walking through I hear the TV in the living room, I creep in and all I can do is laugh. The girls are sprawled out across the sofa with Bey in middle, I take a quick picture. You never know when you'll need to use it as leverage, I even zoom in to get the drool on Beys's face. I turn off the TV and go before I'm caught, maybe we do need a 6 litre Instantpot at the low price of 59.99.

***

Beyonce POV

You ever had that dream that you couldn't breathe or something is on top of you? Yeah that what happened to me except that It wasn't actually a dream. Zy had her arm across my neck and her hand in my hair, while Solange had her heavy ass cheerleading legs on me. I don't knew where this blanket came from. Once I fight my way up from these limbs and this magically appearing blanket I crawl into bed. Shawn wraps his arms around me and I jump.

"Sorry babe" He mumbles sleepily

"What time did you get back?"

"I dunno, a while ago" He rolls over and he smells too fresh.