Chap. 3

TW: self-harm, if you feel uncomfortable please refrain from reading this chapter.

---

Ritchie's POV

I look around.

Oh god not this again.

I continue to look around more, until I spotted that fake 'Michael' with the same darkness surrounding me like last time. I grab my staff behind my back and point it in a threat-like manner.

"You wouldn't kill your 'boyfriend' now would you?" the fake Michael looks down at his feet.

"Who are you?" I say as I continue to point my staff at 'Michael'.

The fake Michael giggles then starts laughing out loud. I stare at him in confusion, loosening my guard. He looks up at me slightly revealing something rather peculiar on his face.

I gasp as I see Michael's scar on his face open, with blood gushing out of it. He tilts his head up to where I could clearly see his wounds. One eye, teared apart from his face. And in his hand, he had what looked like a..

Wait.. No

STOP

MICHAEL! MICHAEL STOP IT!

P..please...

My eyes water endlessly as I watch him cut himself with the knife.

Nonono.. It's just an illusion. I-it's not real..

R...right..?

As I come back from my thoughts, my entire body freezes. Not allowing me to even breath, I stare at the corpse of my lover.

*thump*

Through the tears, I could faintly see Micheal's body on the floor. 8 feet away. Eight fucking feet and I couldn't come any closer. Like there was some invisible wall between me and him.

"michael..no..." I choke, banging on the wall. 

A blood-curdling scream escapes my lips and I immediately fall to my knees. Tears rush down my cheeks as I stare at Michael, dead.

"No! No. No. No. No. No. T-this is just an illusion. Just an... I-illusion.."

My voice cracks due to my crying. I pull on my hair, panicking, and still crying. 

Why am I so weak..

Eventually, my crying slows down and I see my reflection through the puddle of wet tears on the ground. The shade of my nose would put rudolf to shame, and my hair looked like it had been through a hurricane.

"Oh how pathetic you are."

I look behind me and stare at a person with a hoodie. I jump up and run towards them.

"M-mom!" I cry and immediately hug them. "h-help..micheal he.." and I start choking on my words again. She hugs me loosely and tightens her grip on my shoulders as I go on ranting about everything that had happened.

"          "

I rub my eyes and hiccup. Weren't her eyes crystal blue like mine?

"W-what did you just say..?"

What did she just fucking say?

"Oh! Nothing. Don't worry, sweetheart." She smiles sweetly.

I'm not buying it.

"What did you say, Mom?" I say firmly as I back away slowly, releasing myself from her cold, loose hugs.

No..

Her smile fades away and she stares into my eyes,

No no no no...

"I said,          ."

She... Wouldn't..

"Mom... What did you..?"

She... Couldn't have..

"Do you remember that ancient relic I kept talking about..?"

I beg you, please tell me you didn't...

"You mean.. You mean the one who can make.. illusions.. so realistic it drives people crazy?" I reach behind me, hoping my staff was there but it wasn't. 

"Mhm.. Do you remember anything else about that relic...?"

This is a trap.

"That if the person the holder is manipulating has a strong, negative feeling, the illusions.. would become s-stronger.." I stutter, feeling uneasy and vulnerable without my staff.

"Oh, so you were listening. What a good boy." She smirks.

Mom...

"D-don't tell me.." I stutter. "Mom! That relic was supposed to be destroyed and protected by an powerful creature or locked down or something because of how strong and evil it was!" I shout at her with glossy eyes.

"You shouldn't shout at your mother.." It loses her smirk and glares as it walks closer to me, making me back up more.

I immediately break eye-contact with the creature and swiftly take a look around-

It's gotta be here somewhere, even an illusion as powerful as this can't take away my staff..can it?

A little sparkle appears at the corner of my eye and I see it.

It's right next to my feet, if I'm quick I might be able to grab it and kill her.

I take a quick look at the creature to make sure there's enough space between me and them, before turning around and grabbing my weapon.

"AAA! Aaugh..ughh.."

- - -

I groan and rub my head and stare at Michael, sitting on a chair sleeping. I look around the room and recognize where we were, this seems like dejavu...

byebye you mischievous lil demons <3

     ~sleepy <3