o6

Third Person

      "Yes."

It was a simple answer. Pero sapat na ito para tuluyang sumabog ang kung ano mang nararamdaman ng dalaga sa kan'yang loob. It felt like thousand of fireworks exploded above her head. It felt ecstatic for her in some ways.

That answer gave her the sign that she should continue.

"Dapat nga ba akong magpatuloy?"

Nahinto s'ya sa pag-iisip.

Kung magpapatuloy man s'ya.

Saan naman ito patutungo?

"Crush ko lang naman s'ya," bulong n'ya sa sarili. But what if it was more than that?

Once upon a time, there was a girl who fell in love with a stranger boy he met at school. The guy was just a simple random boy she could possibly see everywhere. He wears casual shirt, listens to casual playlist, knows casual things— just plain ordinary. But the girl... she felt like she hit rock bottom.

She developed a crush with this boy. And if destiny was playing with her, they became a part of the same circle of friends.

That girl, was her.

"And I... I don't know. Simpleng paghanga pa ba ito?" tanong n'ya sa gitna ng pagbuhos ng ulan. Hindi n'ya alintana ang pagkidlat habang sumisimsim ng mainit na tubig.

Ngayong alam na n'yang may pag-asa s'ya... saka naman s'ya natakot tumuloy.

She was afraid of the possible outcomes.

But little did she know, every doubt on her were bound to be erased.

Soon as the guy she was thinking sat beside him. Noong una ay nagawa n'ya pang pakalmahin ang sarili ngunit kalauna'y para na s'yang natataranta sa kaloob-looban.

"Uy, nandito ka pala!" Gab said, casually. Parang normal na pakikipag-usap n'ya sa mga kaibigan n'ya.

"Ah, oo. Trip ko kasi tumambay dito," tugon ni Gwen. Pinipigilan n'ya ang kamay na 'wag manginig.

Ano'ng nangyayari? Hindi naman s'ya gan'to rati! Baka dahil alam n'yang may pagtingin 'din sa kan'ya ang kaibigan?

A moment of awkward silence enveloped them.

Gab laid his back unto the wooden wall and then looked up at the rainy dark sky— where in the moon was hiding behind the thick clouds. Pinikit n'ya ang mata, sinariwa ang malamig na hangin, at pinakalma ang sarili.

It was his time.

He waited for this moment.

And that moment had come.

Once upon a time, a casual-looking boy was captivated by this beyond average-looking girl. For his eyes, the girl was like a heaven sent. A perfect creation of the Supreme. The goddess of his dream. No literary devices were enough to contain words in the poem he could write for her.

And as if the universe went right for him, they both fall in the same circle of friends. Due to the friendship label, he was obscured to hide this confession for her— as if it was the holiest sin he could commit.