Happy Birthday! (Chapter)

~January 12, 2006~
It has been a couple of weeks since Christmas and Kimmy's 6th birthday is tomorrow. Daddy, Uncle Sam, Papa Bobby, and Uncle Phil have been making preparations for the party whereas I've been given the task of keeping her distracted. We've been playing outside in the snow all day and it is now dark. We rush off the swing set and make our way inside the house. We go into the living where our dads are sitting. "Hi daddy," I say rushing over to him. He picks me up and kisses my cheek sitting me in his lap. "Hi Smalls, hi Kimmy. Did you girls have fun outside?" "We did Uncle Dean. We played pirates and we had snowball fights."

A look of shock crosses my dad's face before a large grin replaces it. "Well, I'm glad you two had fun. Any more plans for the night?" "Not really daddy. We're honestly kind of tired." "Well, why don't you two go bathe and Dean and I will be up soon to say goodnight." We climb off the couch and slowly make our way upstairs. I grin at her as we go into our separate rooms. I pick some pajamas out of my bag and make my way into the bathroom. I fill up the bathtub and get into the hot water.

I get out of the bath and hurriedly get dressed. I stand in the bathroom door and notice my dad laying on the bed. "Daddy. Will you come help me dry my hair please?" "Of course smalls." He gets off the bed and walks into the bathroom. I sit on the toilet seat as he plugs in the hairdryer. He takes the brush from my hand and starts to dry my hair. After 10 minutes of sitting still, he is finally done. He puts it in s simple French braid and smooths down the top of my hair. I turn around and grin up at him. "Thanks daddy." "You're welcome smalls. Now c'mon, it's time for bed."

I slide off the toilet seat and follow him into the room. I climb into bed and he tucks me in. "Goodnight baby. I love you." "I love you too daddy." He kisses my forehead and I close my eyes. He cuts out the lights, leaving the door cracked as he leaves and I slowly drift off to sleep.

~January 13, 2006~
The noise of an alarm is what wakes me up. I let out a quiet groan and roll onto my back. My eyes begin to flutter open as I let out a quiet yawn. I rub my eyes tiredly and snuggle back into my dad's arms. He lets out a chuckle and kisses the top of my head. "Good morning smalls. How did you sleep?" "Good." "That's good baby. But we gotta get up. Remember what today is?" "I remember daddy. I also remember that she doesn't wake up until like 9:00 and it's 8:00." "How did you know?"

"I saw the clock when I snuggled deeper into your arms." "C'mon smalls." He pokes my sides and a few giggles slip through. I peak at him through half-open eyes and watch as a smirk grows across his face. My eyes jerk open and I try to roll away but he has me pinned in his arms. He starts to tickle my sides and loud laughs flow past my lips.

"Are you gonna get up smalls?" "Yes! Yes! I'm gonna get up!" His attack on my sides slowly stops and I roll away from him. "You're a meanie," I say crossing my arms and pouting. He dramatically flops back and puts a hand over his heart. "You've broken my heart smalls. How will I ever go on?" I roll my eyes giggling at him. "I think you'll survive daddy." I climb off the bed and grab my outfit for the day. It's a guns and Roses T-shirt, some blue jeans, my brown combat boots, and a red flannel to go over the top. I go into the bathroom to get dressed. I brush my teeth while I'm in there and pull the braid out of my hair. I run my fingers through my hair a few times and leave it messy.

"Daddy, do you know where my—" "Necklaces are? Right here smalls." He motions me over to him and clasps them around my neck. I turn around to smile up at him before walking towards the doorway. "C'mon Daddy. Kimmy's super special birthday breakfast isn't going to cook itself." We make our way downstairs only to see that Uncle Sam has already started to cook. I excitedly bounce into the room coming to a halt beside him. "What can I help with Uncle Sammy?" "Well flower, how about you make the pancakes and we'll get to work on everything else okay?" "Sir yes sir," I say mock saluting him.