The Celebration

Hi everyone, this is my first wattpad story, so I'm giving it my all! I hope you like it, I've spent a while gathering my ideas. This first chapter may be dull, but it will pick up very soon. Thanks for checking this out :)

"Just because your mother trusted a street rat doesn't mean you should too!" Mal said sternly. "Harry Hook is dangerous."

"I don't care what you say, because I'm choosing to follow my heart, and my heart says he's a good person."

- 14 hours earlier -

I stared hard in the mirror at myself. My (h/c) hair was neatly curled and framing my face, with a golden pin to keep my bang out of my face. Finally, I can get out of the house. After Audrey put a spell on the kingdom of Auradon, I hadn't been out much. Sure, I should be glad the curse didn't reach the outskirts of Auradon - where my parents' castle is - but I've been eager to meet my friends again.

Today was the day of the big celebration, where Mal is officially made Queen of Auradon. I stepped into my heeled boots, and gave one last look at my new teal-coloured dress, bought especially for this occasion. I didn't have an escort to this event, but it didn't matter. I hopped on my parents' magic carpet - I can finally drive it myself now that I'm (y/a) years old - and led it to the centre of Auradon.

"Omg (y/n) you're here!" My best friend pulled me into a warm hug. "I've missed you so much! You weren't caught under the sleeping spell, were you?"

"No, Evie. Luckily I was at the palace when it happened, and it wasn't powerful enough to reach us. I wasn't allowed to leave until it was undone though, which felt more suffocating than the curse would've," I joked. "You need to tell me everything that's happened this week. I wish I were there to have your back like last time." I thought back to when Mal ran off to the Isle, and how I had fought the pirates on Uma's ship with the VKs. I know the Isle isn't the safest place, but I wonder how life over there would be. Probably more exciting than the life of royalty.

Evie pulled my hand and began to tell me the events of the past few days. I occasionally saw people I knew and routinely curtsied to acknowledge them. Once Evie found Doug, I decided to leave them alone.

I glanced across the table of food. There he was, the person I haven't known for long - or really at all - but I really wanted to dance with. Tall, dark hair, great smile. Steve White - Only son of Snow White and her prince. We went to Auradon Prep together, and I had always wanted to get to know him better. He seemed nice enough - from what I've observed. After being cooped up in your palace long enough, you learn to take chances. It was getting real awkward standing around alone, so I decided to ask him to dance.

I walked up to him. "Hey, Steve."

"Hey (y/n). Do you need something?"

"I was wondering if you would like to dance? I've come alone and it seems like you aren't with anyone either." I glanced around waiting for an answer. Doesn't everyone say "yes" out of politeness? This was weird.

"I might've come alone but I'm not that desperate (y/n). You may look like a normal princess today, but the rest of the year you're just a nerd. I think I'll pass on the dance." He scoffed and walked away.

That stung hard. It felt as if I had been punched in the face, only I felt no pain, no tears - I wouldn't cry for someone so insignificant. Only anger. I didn't know him well enough before, but now I know he's a complete jerk. I guess your mom being Snow White isn't enough to make you a half decent person.

I sank onto a nearby bench. Mal was about to be named Queen, but I couldn't care less.

From what I heard, suddenly everyone began to burst into discussion. I get it, Mal's becoming Queen, we all saw this coming.

I overheard what a nearby group of friends began talking about.

"Can you believe the barrier's coming down?"

What? Mal's bringing down the barrier? A tiny part of me got excited. I can go back to the Isle? My mind rushed all over the place, trying to understand the situation. Are all the villain kids really going to be allowed in Auradon?

"Hey, would you like to dance?" My heart skipped a beat. Who was asking me for a dance? When I looked up, my heart sank. It was Chad. Did he not get a hint? I had been turning him down for a year until he found Audrey. And now that she went kind of crazy, he comes back? I wanted to take chances, but this was a stretch. I wouldn't dance with the most self-absorbed, shallow person I had ever met - especially when I was already feeling low.

"Sorry Chad, I'm not really in the mood today. Maybe sometime else." He probably only wanted to get close to me so he could copy off of my homework anyways.

"Oh yeah, sure. No problem." He had walked up to another girl within a second. He takes rejection well.

A few minutes later, I heard a voice asking me,

"Hey are you okay, you mind if I sit here?" Was that a Scottish accent I heard?

"Sure go ahead. I'm fine by the way."

"Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Harry Hook, son of Captain Hook."

He walked into the light and our eyes met.

"Wait a minute I know you!"

Wow, if you've come this far you read the first chapter of this story, this is super exciting! I feel super accomplished that even one person has taken an interest in this, yay! Stay tuned for the next chapter, things are about to get fun - I will be posting once a week-ish.