Emotionally Involved

It's been a year since Descendants 3 came out...let that sink in...

Your POV

"That's crazy, right? She's evil -"

"Why would she fall for someone she's spelled herself - isn't that like falling in love with herself?" Uma and I whispered as we speed-walked back to our room.

"Does this complicate things - I mean, I kind of feel bad for her." I hated to put anyone in such a situation.

"Maybe it'll help - falling for someone means she has feelings - isn't that what prompted Mal to not steal Fairy Godmother's wand?"

"You're right... but what if she has different plans? What if she intends to keep him as her puppet for as long as the spell is unbroken?" I unlocked the door.

"Let's wait for Johnny to get back - and we'll let him speak first. I want to hear everything he thinks before bringing in this complication."

"Has he told you how long he'll be?" I asked.

"Just a few minutes - he's already heading back." Time passed excruciatingly slowly as we waited. It was near impossible to start small talk without it looping back to Lydia.

"Do you think you're ready for school at Auradon?"

"I think I'm ready, but do you think they're going to reevaluate Harry and Lydia's schooling plan now that they're 'more evil'?"

"They should - but that's only if someone believes us. Plus, we should have woken Harry before school begins anyways - if he's still with her by then, well, you know." More silence.

Finally, we heard knocking at the door - and were relieved to see Johnny and not just someone coming to ask me how I'm holding up. He seemed to be in high spirits.

"Tell us everything!" He proceeded to really tell us everything - from tiny details like what Harry ordered to how he attempted to convince Johnny he'd be a good match for me.

"That again?"

"Don't mind it Uma - you know it's just a way to get (y/n) out of the picture."

"Still, it's hard to hear the guy you like would be great with one of your best friends every time you go out." She looked down. "This is just great for my self-esteem." I heard her whisper.

"Wait, Uma you like me?"

"Why do you think I agreed to meet you in the first place?"

"I don't know, I just thought..."

She looked at him. "Johnny, I do like you - a lot."

He seemed content with her response. "I like you a lot too." Remember when stuff was this simple with you and Harry? Well, to be honest, it was never this simple - but it was simpler.

"Oh, sorry (y/n)." He must've thought I felt left out.

"Why are you sorry? To tell you the truth Uma - he's been waiting for this all day."

"I probably would have been more open if Harry was around - he's the one who tells me I don't express my feelings enough. Believe it or not (y/n), he's great at giving me guy advice - but from the way he began with you..." She laughed.

"Well, believe it or not Uma, but Johnny's my source of advice on guys."

"Girls! Let me get back to the story!"

"Right - please go on Johnny." Uma and I shared a look and burst out laughing. "Sorry, we promise we're ready now."

He shook his head. "And then, I asked him if I should pay for his food - and I swear for the slightest second I thought he knew what I was doing, but then agreed! That proves it, right?"

"Yeah, that does. Was there anything else?"

"There was something, but I might be stretching it. When I mentioned Coy's name, he - or Lydia - seemed to become extra attentive. I was thinking - what if Coy is Lydia's real-life boyfriend?" Uma and I glanced at each other. "Unless you both know something...?"

Uma gestured for me to explain. I tried my best to make it sound reasonable, but I couldn't exactly remember the lyrics. It was something about magic for sure, and it running out.

"So you heard her singing - and think she's in love with Harry?"

"Something of the sorts - we're quite positive she's 'emotionally involved.'"

"Wow, that's a whole other issue."

"Does that- do you feel bad for her?" I asked Johnny. I couldn't help but feel guilty for her misery. She might have caused mine - but I don't want to break anyone's heart.

He thought about it for a bit. "If she really liked him - would she hold him hostage inside his own brain?"

Uma jumped in. "But what if it's not her choice?"

"Everyone has a choice." I countered.

"That's easy for you to say (y/n) - you've never had a villain as a parent. Maybe she's being forced to and can't find a way to get out of it. Maybe it's Gothel, maybe it's Coy..."

"Johnny - you once told me that Coy was the one who came up with the plan to kidnap me, right?"

"Yeah, it was him."

"What if he has a bigger role in this than we think - what if this scheme has been going on way longer than any of us thought? If Coy's involved, we could trace this all back to the day after the barrier came down. But how would Coy be connected to Lydia if no one on the Isle ever even knew who she was?"

"And what would Coy want from either you or Harry? Sure they've never been friends, but Harry never did anything so bad that Coy would go to these lengths to ruin his life." Uma added.

"I don't know - I think there's a long way before we find out exactly what's going on." Johnny looked my way, this next part directed at me. "Horacio, Gothel, Coy, Lydia, Harry, you? I think the main question we need to ask ourselves is this: Is it really Harry who they're after - or is it you?"

 I unintentionally shuddered at the thought.

Among the list of people was a sorcerer, a villain, a pirate who was far too enthusiastic to see me scared, and a girl - I should really say witch - who appears to have crazy dark, powerful magic. There's no way I stand a chance.

"I'd feel so horrible if all of this - for some reason - was caused by me. Can you guys imagine what Harry's going through? His life must be hell! His mind's being controlled, he's being forced to say horrid things to people he actually likes, and this loony girl is playing with him like a barbie doll. I really wonder what Harry is thinking through all this..."

You might be able to guess who's POV we finally get to hear from on Friday...

Thanks for all your votes, reading, and being so involved in this story! We've come so far from where we were just a few months ago, and I love how this is progressing! 

I'll be posting more often since I want to get all the parts published in time for the Wattys 2020 - so updates will be every Friday for sure, but like this week I'll post on some Mondays as well! 

Have a great day, ily you all <3