Evident Annoyance

I always find this chapter especially funny LOL

Your POV

"So, what's our plan of action?"

"We need to find a way to, as Horacio says, remind Harry of his normal self - while staying under the radar. I have no idea where to even begin..." All three of us just sat there stumped.

Johnny was the first to speak. "What about the day you met Harry?"

"What about it?"

"Well, I'm not sure how well this would work - but what if you wore that exact same outfit? And made sure he saw you? It might be enough to trigger some sort of reaction - I know when I first offered to pay for Harry's food, he looked horrified at the thought. Even if it was just for a split second, I think his feelings were strong enough that they were expressed."

"That's... actually the first idea that might work. But which outfit should I wear - the one from the fight on Uma's ship or from the night of the celebration?"

"Which do you think left more of an impact?" Uma asked.

"The one from the fight it is. I remember he told me how he had desperately tried to figure out who I was after that day - so I bet what I wore was ingrained in his mind at least for a few weeks. The day before he went all crazy, he had called it 'love at first sword fight.'" I grinned, remembering how ridiculous I had thought it sounded.

"Wow, you both have known each other longer than I thought," Johnny added.

"I wouldn't say known each other - but we have known of each other for a while. Lately, I've had the feeling we never really knew each other."

Uma was able to sleep in her bed tonight, and Johnny decided to go to his room - to his relief, Sil hadn't moved in yet.

I slept peacefully tonight, my mind was at rest. No crazy thoughts, no bad dreams - I even forgot about Lydia for a bit.

I got up fairly early so that I could search through my closet for that outfit. I thought of that day, how I had tried to pick out a fit that looked like something the VKs would wear - something that would make me look 'cooler'.

There it was. There was still some residue from the coloured smoke bombs on the back of it. It was a fitting sky blue and violet leather dress, with a black belt matching the leggings. I put it on, brushing off the purple powder sitting on the shoulders of the dress. Now, what did I do with my hair? I think it was curled, and I had twisted away a section and pinned it at the back...

Uma got up when I was entirely ready. She laughed. "Wow, you went all out."

I looked in the mirror and groaned. "The amount of weird looks I'm going to get from people today..."

"Don't worry, you look great. Johnny'll meet with us soon, let's go find them." We knew Lydia slept at the school because of last night, and Gil had told Uma that Harry had also moved in, so they must be at breakfast. Auradon Prep had many options for food within the school itself: a fancy brunch cafe, a bakery for quick breakfasts, a juice bar, a formal dinner restaurant - the list goes on. But since school was yet to open, we were stuck with the boring cafeteria. Since neither Harry nor Lydia knew much about Auradon, we assumed they chose to stay back at the school and not venture out into the city for food.

"Sleep well last night Uma?"

"Like a princess - minus the pea." Uma always knew what to say to lighten the mood. Frankly, in these last few days I realized that as quickly as Harry came into my life, he could be forgotten. I still missed him dearly, but it really wasn't the end of the world.