The Promise

You can't see Mal's expression in the picture above - but trust me - it isn't pleasant XD

Your POV

Mal walked - more like charged - up to the ship along with Ben and Evie.

"I'm right here Mal, calm down."

"Calm down?! You've been missing for nearly 24 hours, after leaving with that pirate and you're telling me to stay calm? And why did you change?"

"I needed a change of clothes. They're Uma's - well mine now."

Mal ignored whatever I said. "Where were you all night? Why didn't you come back to the school?"

Harry jumped in. "Mal, you may want to sit down for this."

"Don't tell me what to do Hook."

"Fine - don't say I didn't warn-"

"Stop talking. (Y/N), care to explain what's going on?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Mal... before you say anything - or start breathing out fire - I need you to understand Harry had no role in what happened to me. It was completely and entirely my fault - and I paid the price for it."

"Go on."

I looked at Evie and Ben as I spoke. I didn't want to see Mal's - probably agitated - face as I explained myself. "Last night it was getting late for Harry to go home, and I had to get back to Auradon. I didn't want him to get in trouble with his dad, so I told him I'd go back myself - I knew the way anyways. This wasn't easy since it took quite a bit of convincing to get him to leave me. As I began walking back, two - well actually three - pirate boys gagged me and knocked me unconscious. Very long story cut short - I got kidnapped, I used a danger code so Harry, Uma, and Gil could rescue me, we escaped with the help of one of the pirates, and now we're here."

Mal remained silent. Evie came over and hugged me. "(Y/N), that must have been so scary! I can't imagine!"

"It wasn't even that bad - don't worry about it."

Now it was Ben's turn. "I had no idea the Isle was still dangerous. I thought that bringing the barrier down would dissolve all that."

"Evidently not," I said.

Harry cut in. "Wait a minute - didn't you put down safety measures for the Isle? Like royal guards and all?"

Ben looked confused. "It's been two days since we brought down the barrier - I didn't have time to get to it."

Harry looked at me. "Didn't you say Ben would have figured this all out by now?"

"Well, I assumed he did, but he never explicitly told me he would."

"That's the only reason I let you go! If I had known there was no security or anything-"

"That's my fault Harry," Ben jumped in. "(Y/N) had reason to think I would have thought about it. A real king would have."

"Ben, come on, anyone could have forgotten." I felt bad he took the blame from me.

"Guys are we forgetting the real issue here? (Y/N) goes off with Harry, and within hours she's kidnapped! Didn't I warn you?"

"I already told you Mal. It wasn't his fault. It was my choice to walk home alone."

"You need to come back right away. I'm not joking. And Harry? Stay away from (y/n) - I won't be so nice next time I need to ask you."

I began feeling lightheaded. This was too much. "I need some air." I began to run to the front of the ship, the part which overlooked the sea.

I heard Harry telling them to lay off. Uma asked them if we could discuss it later. I hope they leave.