Processing...

Your POV 

Where was the ring of magic around me? The sudden awakening? The satisfaction circulating through your veins after waking someone from a curse?

My thoughts got cut off as I felt a force against my shoulders and staggered back to compensate - nearly falling to the ground.

"What do you think you're doing?" He looked at me, eyebrows raised, with immense pity and superiority in his gaze. I didn't wait around to answer.

I ran the way I came, catching some faces in the crowd as I ran. Lydia was smirking. Steve seemed amused. Audrey looked concerned. Ruby looked genuinely concerned. I didn't care.

I kept going - back through the crowds of people, past the main hall, the foyer, up the stairs, and into my room. Except, in my room, I ran right into someone solid - and only then realized my room wasn't empty.

I glanced up and was relieved to see it was Johnny. I let my body weight lean on him just a bit as he caught me in a hug. I couldn't bring myself to think coherently. I just kept repeating,

"It doesn't work every time. It doesn't work every time."

Johnny reassuringly said, "I know." And walked me to my bed. But I don't think he knew - I figured it was just one of those things you say.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and then reopened my eyes. To my comfort, the only other person in the room was Uma - Mal must've let them in after I left.

"I saw your document over there." Uma broke the silence. "It's pretty thorough."

"Not really - it's not enough."

"Well, you can add my name on there." Johnny looked at me. "If I didn't think you and Harry had something real I would've m- I would've said something." He amended.

"Thanks. I really really embarrassed myself out there didn't I?"

"It was painful to watch."

"You weren't in the cafeteria, were you Uma?"

"I didn't need to be there to witness it." She showed me a video on her phone. "It got uploaded seconds after you ran in here."

"Of course it did."

"(Y/N), do you really think it's a curse or spell or something?"

"Yes, Johnny. I really do." There has to be some explanation - nothing is adding up.

"Then Uma and I are with you." He smiled with sincerity. "But is it possible to discuss this tomorrow? We can meet up early and head to the library - I've heard it's really extensive. It's getting pretty late."

"Yeah, you're right." I looked at Uma. "Weren't you moving in today?"

"My mom convinced me to stay with her one more night."

"Well, don't feel obligated to hang around me anymore - I'm fine. You guys can go back to the Isle and we can meet tomorrow."

Johnny laughed. "I don't think so."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, I'm sleeping over with you tonight - In Uma's bed of course. Uma, you didn't want to be the first to sleep in your bed or anything, right?"

"I would have liked to - but go ahead."

"What? Johnny, I'm okay, I can take care of myself. I don't need you to watch over me - making sure I don't do anything crazy. Trust me, I've maxed out my crazy for a year. I'm going to run out at this rate."