Nightmares

Ight it's 4:30 am. I need to be up for school in 30 minutes and I haven't slept all night. So! I'm probably dead rn tbh but enjoY~

Tony's POV

It was probably like 2 am. I was still awake, the caffeine engraved into my veins at this point, Steve was asleep and so was our 3 y.o. son, Peter. I'm gonna be honest, I was no where near done with work at this point and I kinda wanted to go to bed. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep anyway so what's the flucking point. What?

"This is so fucking stupid." I said under my breath. I started coding the thing when I heard someone walking down the hall.

Probably just Steve coming to tell me to go to bed again.

"Dad-dy?" I turned around and saw Peter standing there cuddling his blanket. Why the hell was he up?

"Hey, tiger. Why are you awake?" He walked over to me and hugged me. Weird. "What's up, Peter?" I then noticed he was crying. Oh shit.

" 'Addy I had a scary sleep movie."

I had to hold in my laughter. Oh my god. I pulled him up onto my lap and ruffled his hair. "Aw, what was it about, tiger?"

"D'ere was a monster and it was tryna' eat me." He said as he buried his head into my chest. This frickin kid.

"Oh yeah? What did the monster look like?"

" 'Anos."

"Anus?"

"No, Tanos."

"Oh, Thanos. Well, it's ok because Papa and I are gonna kill him, alright? We're gonna keep you safe. But right now how about I give you a hug and you go back to bed, ok?" I picked him up, carried him into my room and laid him next to Steve. (I'm dirty-minded good god) I started walking out of the room.

"Dad-dy? 'Ere you going?" Peter looked up to me with tired eyes. I just made the 'shush' motion with my hands and began walking out again.

"Tony, stop." Peter, you seriously had to wake Steve? "Come here."

"Dada, stop. Papa 'anna you here." I sighed and walked back over to them.

"Why are you two even up? It's like, 2 in the morning." Steve asked tiredly.

'Tanos was tryna' eat me."

"He had a nightmare and you probably know what I was doing." Steve rolled his eyes and hugged Peter. Tony sat next to Peter and put an arm around both of them. Tony kissed Peter's temple and grabbed Steve's hand. The two watched as their son slowly fell back to sleep.

"Do not go back down to that lab, Tones." Steve said in a tired voice.

"Wasn't planning on it." Tony said, already half asleep. Steve smiled and closed his eyes.

A/N: omg this is so wholesome and i love it. Hope yall enjoyed it~ if it posts this part twice im really sorry!

Trick~