Thunderstorms | Peter Parker

The rain dances on the window while the thunder drones in the sky. White sparks flare in the clouds for a millisecond before the gloom takes over once more.

Jazz music softens the atmosphere as people talk in low murmurs. Click click clack goes the buttons on a nearby laptop, scritch scritch goes the pen scribbling on paper. Ching! The register sings as it sputters and spits out a crispt receipt.

Breathing in the subtle scent of apple and cinnamon of the cafe, you tentatively sip your hot beverage, eyes lazily roaming the surroundings of watercolor paintings and the few slow motion pictures considered people.

Two women sit in the middle of the cafe, one with blazing red hair and the other with long carmel hair, all soft smiles and eyes gleaming. To the left is a man adorning a dark navy long sleeved sweater, fingers dancing on the keys of his laptop. His black raincoat drapes over the seat across, taking presence as his date. The cashier at the register wears a soft yellow wool sweater that contrasts against the long dark oak bar that lays before her.

The bell above the entryway tinkles, signaling that someone has entered the cozy warm cafe. Eyes dragging to the door, in walks in a teen dripping from the rain.

Chocolate curles plastered from the water, the teen shakes his head. Rain water sprays his surroundings, landing on the nearby tables and chairs.

Eyes following behind, the teen walks to the bar and orders, voice soft and trembling from the cold that brews outside.

Waiting for his hot beverage, he sits at small booth to the left, feet tucked together and hands rubbing together to create heat.

Winsome, the word appears in mind as you take in his apperance. Standing, you move up to the bar to place a few dollar bills into the tip jar. Turning back, you get a whiff of subtle flowers and rain as the teen approaches.

Eyes meeting for a brief moment, you find yourself blooming with warmth. Eyes down, you softly excuse yourself as you maneuver around the teen to exit the cafe, where you find yourself close to home in the brewing storm.

• ° • ° •

"Excuse me, miss? Miss, you gotta wake up."

Eyes fluttering, you're met with large white eyes. Taking in the person's apperance, you're met with the superhero in Queens.

"Miss, you're bleeding."

Oh.

He helps you sit against the brick wall, hands hovering just above your yellow raincoat that's now red and exposed to the falling rain. A lightning bolt strikes, and a flash of silver glimmers in the inside of your coat.

"Miss, you're still..."

Placing your hand onto his, you send him an assuring smile. "I'll be all right."

"...bleeding." He exhales, his shoulders relaxing as he gazes back at you. "May I ask what happened?"

You close your eyes, a small strained smile appearing on your lips. "Just a few people wanting to establish their dominance is all."

His wide eyes narrow at little at that. "On a rooftop?"

"Like you wouldn't believe."

You were half telling the truth, they were a few people that you fought. The other half he wouldn't believe, like what kind of beings they were. Spider-Man has a pure soul, and you didn't want it to dim with the reality that you lived in.

Closing your coat, you sit up with a grimance at the twinge in your side, already beginning it's process to heal.

"May I at least take you home?"