Goonies | Brandon Walsh

Scanning the candy section, your eyes are drawn upward when a ruckus occurs just outside the drug store. You smile when the Goonies burst inside with their enthusiastic yells, splitting at once like rolling marbles.

Amy (who's working the register) rolls her eyes, although she's not too disturbed by the commotion, no doubt used to the rowdy boys being inside her store.

Your eyes land on Chunk, who's head deep in the ice cream fridge. Data is at the counter purchasing an item, Mouth is flipping through the little magazine section, while Mikey compares a store map to an old map. Shrugging, you look down back at the candy. After a few considerate moments you grab a few candy bars just as Mikey starts to exclaim to his friends.

"Guys, check it out!" Mikey looks up at his friends. "I know how to get there, this is where the rich stuff is buried. Come on, guys! We can go there, we can get the rich stuff!"

Rich stuff? Before you can think anymore about it, Mouth briefly lowers his magazine to shout, "Jerk alert!"

Looking out toward the entrance, Troy, Stef, and Andy climb out of Troy's red mustang. Scrunching your nose, you move down the aisle as Mikey uses his inhaler. As the trio come in, Troy scans the store; eyes landing on you, he raises a brow as you glare at him.

You move back down the candy aisle as he comes over. Out of sight, he walks over to Mouth to rip the magazine out of his hands, pushing Mouth back.

"Jerk." Mouth hits his back before walking away.

As Stef and Andy are busy playing the arcade machine, you amble over to the counter to pay for your candy. As Amy scans the candy, Chunk shouts which draws your attention.

Troy leans on the glass to trap Chunk inside the ice cream fridge. With a smile, Troy says, "Hey, my mom is making a goon pizza tonight."

"Cut it out!" Mikey tells Troy as Troy rambles on. Mikey moves Troy off the glass, moving him away.

As Troy grips Mikey's arm forcefully, you move away from the counter, lifting the glass that traps Chunk halfway in the ice cream fridge.

Troy fists the collar of Mikey's denim jacket. "Do I hear, right? Do I hear a Goonie, telling me what to do?" Troy snatches the rolled up parchment from Mikey's hand.

"Hey, give that back!" Mikey reaches for it as Troy lifts it away.

"No."

As they argue, Mouth makes his way over as Troy lifts his lighter to light the parchment. "They just don't make rolling papers like this anymore." Troy lifts the rolled lit parchment and tries to puff it.

As Mikey tells him to cut it out, Mouth walks up to them and says to Troy, "Hey, the way you're puffing on that cigarette, kinda reminds me of something."

Troy looks at Mouth and says, "Oh, yeah? What's that?"

Mouth says something about his mom, and that's when Troy lets Mikey go to haul Mouth to the floor.

Rushing over, you intervene to push Troy off. "Leave him alone, Troy! That's enough!"

"Look who's coming to the rescue." Troy grips the collar of your windbreaker to haul you against the snack stand. "You think you're tough by pushing me around?"

Nails digging into his wrists, you try pushing him off. "Get off me!" You try stomping on his feet. Mikey jumps on Troy's back, but Troy shakes him off and throws him to the floor. When he turns back to face you, you spit in his face. "Get off!"

He grips your face hard, making sure you can't move. "I'll show you who's boss."

As he tries to kiss you, but you bring your knee up between his legs. He buckles, cursing aloud but he still won't let you go no matter how hard you try shaking him off. He curses, and as he rears his fist to strike, Brandon catches his fist and hauls him off you. Brandon moves Troy away, gripping the collar of his letterman jacket. "Don't you ever touch her again, you hear me!"

Brand lets him go. Troy backs up against the shelf full of soda, making them rattle behind him.

Huffing, Troy says, "I just can't wait until Monday when my father kicks all you trash out in the street where you belong. While you goonies are piling all your stuff in a moving van, I'll be teeing off of what used to be your front lawn." As Troy backs away from Brand, he walks over to Stef and Andy. "Our court time is now, come on!"

As Stef follows Brand, Andy stays behind for a moment to look at all of you. You slowly shake your head at Andy, but she looks back apologetically before she leaves out the door.

Brandon turns back to face you. "Are you all right?"

"Uh, yeah." You nod. "Thanks for helping me back there. I appreciate it."

Brandon nods. "If he ever tries to do something like that again, let me know. To you or anyone."

Smiling, you say, "Thank you, Brand."

You look at one another for a moment. Gazing from the red bandana tied around his forehead to his facial features, you find that he's cute.

Mouth whispers something to Mikey, and as they burst into giggles, Brand's soft smile falters as he turns to face the boys, lecturing them about staying out so long and how their parents are worried about them. As he rushes them out the store, he turns back to give you a smile before stepping out the door.

Brandon Walsh, you think, stepping up to the counter to pay for your candy. The one who welcomed you when you were the new kid, the one who toured you around town, the one who introduced you to your best friends, Jess and Annie. He was the one who always made sure that you were okay whenever he had the chance to check in between his busy schedule.

Brandon Walsh was always sweet, caring, always looking out for those he cared about. Stepping outside, you breathe in the rain and the salty air from the sea. Heading home, a smile takes over as your heart flutters a little faster every time you think of Brandon. Perhaps someday you'll ask him out. Someday.