WITHOUT YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
( without you! )
── 🍶🏹 ་༘
in which everything
is falling apart

多 ( ㍿. ) ༉‧₊˚.

 ) ༉‧₊˚

if daeun had to describe the last few days she had to go through, rough would be the first word to come into mind. she felt this heavy weight attached to her body and a huge dark cloud following her everywhere. days like this, she missed her mom, her home, her bed and her old and torn totoro plushie to keep her company.

"fifty seconds!" at this point, daeun didn't know if she felt dizzy because of the bright lights, the heat of the stage, or the backstage crew's screams being overshadowed by by the loud chants of fans.

she closed her eyes as one of her stylists dabbed her forehead with a bloating sheet while the other one worked fast to get her makeup, hair and outfit in place. a hand grabbing softly onto her elbow made her wake up from her daydream.

"are you okay?" jin asked closely on her ear, and she knew he wasn't referring to her health. daeun let out a shaky breath, nodding abmisently as a staff member handed her her mic and rushed her to her position on the lower part of the stage, jin following suit.

jungkook and jin shared a worried glance as they watched as their female member struggled to keep her tears from falling and avoided any eye contact, knowing very well she would just start crying and latching onto someone's chest. jimin looked at her, bitting his lip roughly and almost forcing everyone to get out of the platform so they could stop the show and solve this situation already.

taehyung wanted to say something. anything. but he feared that if he did, jungkook would punch him like last time, hoseok and namjoon having to grab him down.

the lights on stage went dim, the fans screams got even louder and all members from the vocal line ascended in the platforms.

daeun almost wanted to laugh as the first notes from 'the truth untold' were played; how convenient.

'this garden is filled
with blossoming loneliness
i tied myself
to this sand castle filled
with thorns'

daeun could feel taehyung's subtly eyes craving into her skin from her place between jimin and jungkook. it made her heartache. pulling through this song was going to be harder that she thought.

she took a deep breath, putting all her emotion into the song,

'you know that i can't
show you me
give you me
i can't show you my weakness
so i'm putting on a mask
to go see you, but-

it hit her like a snowball. her voice broke down, tears falling from her eyes and wetting her rosy cheeks. fans frowned and screamed in encouragement. daeun chuckled softly at how pitiful she must've looked, drying her face eventhough tears wouldn't stop falling and sniffling.

daeun tearful face could be seen in one of the big screens of the arena, green eyes glistening with the bright stage lights forced on her small body. they boys felt their heart swell when they heard their baby's voice break down. at that moment, they didn't care anymore about the concert. taehyung desperately wanted to bring her into his arms and let her sob into his shoulder. but he was aware that it was all his fault.

daeun let her tears fall freely one by one, determined to finish the performance. her hight notes and harmonies with jungkook came out clear and strong, almost surprising herself. she was giving an amazing and heartfelt performance drowning in tears.

'but i still want you.'

jimin finished the song, army's cheering loudly while the stage went pitch black and the vocal line was escorted backstage.

"dae wait─" he ran to her side as she had speed walked to avoid any type of contact with him. taehyung reached for her arm, but he was held back by jungkook, who was also trying to get to the girl, preferably before taehyung.

jin and jimin grabbed onto jungkook, trying to give the girl some much needed space, but the moment he saw taehyung walking toward daeun, a determined look on his face, he got out of their hold and followed suit.

"back off, taehyung. i'm serious." jungkook said, face and hair sweaty, eyes burning with rage.

taehyung, also annoyed, turned to face the maknae, "i'm not talking to you." he snapped, balling his fists.

jungkook scoffed, getting closer to taehyung's face and bumping their chests. "well, now you are."

"yeah? well fuck you." taehyung said defensively.

"guys─" jimin said cautiously, as jin grabbed jungkook by the arm and roughly pulled him further away from taehyung.

daeun, who had was being dragged by her makeup artist and stylist, noticed the altercation and turned around, still keeping her distance from the boys.

"stop."

simultaneously, the vocal line turned to look at daeun. her eyes were slightly red, face glistening with dry and wet tears, cheeks red and an overall tired look on her face.

she raised a brow as she saw no one moving. she watched as taehyung and jungkook looked at each other once again, also noticing the makne's hands formed into fists on the side of his body, "jungkook, cut it out." as much as she moved the maknae standing up for her, she clearly didn't need it at that moment. she was just so tired of fighting.

"come on guys, we have to get ready." they still had a concert halfway going. staff members were looking at them expectantly, itching to drag them out of their spot so the could get ready.

no one said anything thought, not wanting to intrude.

"dae, plea─" taehyung begged, but was abruptly cut out by a frustrated and sad daeun. she just wanted to finish the goddam concert and go back to the hotel to sleep and forget anything happened.

"honestly, taehyung." she said tiredly, holding back her tears. "just stay out of my way."

at that moment, taehyung thought being stomped in the face hurt way less.

notes,

i legit wrote the whole
crying thing listening to
chicken noodle soup
lmao-

this has ZERO plot what-
soever and has been in my
drafts for god knows how
long. i think when i wrote
this i just wanted to make
them fight jsjsjsjsjjs