INSECURITY

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
── 🍶🏹 ་༘࿐
( insecurity! )
in which an encounter with
a stylist unravels a series of insecurities

多 ( ㍿. ) ༉‧₊˚.

 ) ༉‧₊˚

daeun was not new to this industry. she had fought for years to get where she was. no one can deny the girl had to work ten times harder than anyone else to fit in; that she had to dancer harder to keep on sync with the others, that she had to endure reporters weighing in her role in the group, that she had to wear heels ninety percent of the time to appear taller beside the rest.

and she accepted it and learned to cope with it. because she knew that's how the industry works and that as much as she wanted to shit talk about everyone, she couldn't.

dara knew she was lucky, though. except from the constant reprimands of her going out without telling anyone and the habitual diets they were all put into before comeback season; bighit didn't restrict or force daeun to become someone that she wasn't. they didn't care how her body looked like or if her nose wasn't perfect, her talent was more than enough.

therefore, daeun really couldn't blame them when her new stylist was a complete asshole to her.

. . .

( two weeks ago )

daeun laughed alongside the two other girls, two of their stylists, as they jokes around waiting for daeun's new stylist. dara was appointed a meeting with her new stylist to get to know her and update her body measurements, while the other girls were there to explain their way of working.

the door opened, making one of the stylists take a glance, "oh, hello!" she said animatedly. daeun gave the new girl a sweet smile as well.

the stylist gave them a tight lipped smile, it disappearing tight away. it almost looked like a sarcastic smile, which threw off daeun instantly. the other girls looked confused, but were already sensing this new stylist was not very friendly per se.

yuri and jia gave daeun a look, making the girl shrug her shoulders. the new stylist glanced at them, eyes fixing on daeun and scanning her face. "well, aren't you going to get up?"

yuri slapped jia's arm when she watched her rolled her eyes at the stylist, giving her a pointed look as to be respectful with new people. daeun cleared her throat, blinking rapidly.