September 8th, 2018.

Chapter One.

Nichole Simms' POV.

"Wait, wait wait, hold on just a second, you moved into a two room apartment and you don't know your roommate? How?" My best friend, Eve said over the phone call.

I plopped into the nice black leather couch in the living area that separated the two bedrooms, holding a handwritten letter in my other hand, "No, all it states is that they are on an acting gig for a few months and that they needed a roommate while they were away so much."

"Nichole, sweetie, you just moved across the country then into an apartment with a roommate that you don't know. Girl, you are nuts, you know that right?"

"I am not crazy, I just needed a place to live." I sighed, re-reading the letter.

"Is there a name on the note?" Eve asked me.

I glanced at it for the two thousandth time, "Just M.M. It states that they will reveal themselves when they get back." I didn't tell Eve that they put down a number if I needed anything.

I just finished unpacking my room and decided to call my best friend back in Michigan. Unpacking only took a few hours because my furniture I asked for was already there and put up into my room.

Thanks to the unknown roommate.

"They might be a mass murderer." Eve murmured softly.

"Whoever it is had my furniture set up for me already so hey, that was nice. It screams otherworldly. Anyway, if it was a mass murder I think I would know, as I write about them as a job." I said standing up and decided to wander around the small apartment.

"Very true, but you know that I care for you." Eve said softly.

"Can you look in their room?" Eve asked. I already tried like seven times, their bedroom door was locked.

"Nope, it's locked." I said simply, I knew that she would freak out.

Eve and I met in high school and we became fast friends, now we are in our early thirties, so I thought of her as a sister, as she thought of me as the same.

She groaned, "Why aren't you curious about who it is?"

"I'm just thankful I have a place to stay!" I sighed through the phone.

"How did you get this place again?" Eve asked me.

"I was looking for a room for cheap rent and I needed guards so that... So Ron couldn't get to me, and this listing popped up and I contacted him and his manager, due to the fact that he is an actor, and they liked me I guess, so I got the room."

"So Ron started stalking you again? Are you sure?" Eve asked me seriously. I stupidly brought up Ron. I groaned softly.

I grabbed a bottled water and opened it, "Pretty positive, so I just decided to start all new in a new state."

At this moment I had the song "A Whole New World" From Aladdin pop into my head. I was a child when I saw the 1992 version, so in a way, I grew up with princess Jasmine and Aladdin. So having the songs pop into my head wasn't too weird for me.

"Bet your mother is sad, she misses you, Nic. Does the roommate know about why you moved?"

I took a sip of the water and then sighed, "I know, but she understands and yes, they are aware of my situation. The hall guards know and the lobby people know and I informed them that I am not wanting any visitors for now."