Later that night.

Mena Massoud’s POV.

I was half asleep when I felt Nichole climb into bed, I opened one eye, looking at her. I raised my arm so that she could curl up next to me.

“Come here, darling,” I said sleepily.

She climbed into bed and next to me, rubbing her head in the crook of my neck, I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist. I sighed, “The sooner we leave to Europe, the better.” I muttered softly.

She nodded, closing her eyes, “The sooner the better.”

-

October 3, 2018.

Nichole’s 30th Birthday.

In Europe.

I kissed her awake around five o'clock that morning. She rolled over, laughing, “Mena!”

I smiled as I tickled her bare sides, pinning her to the bed by laying on her, “That’s my name don't wear it out.” I tickled her some more.

She opened her eyes, smiling up at me, “It’s my birthday.” 

I nodded, “It is, happy thirtieth baby.”

She caressed my cleanly shaven cheek, “Hmm… Thanks, baby.” 

I kissed her softly, then I looked at her, “I got you some gifts.”

I removed from being on top of her, pointing to the corner near the closet, there were five gifts wrapped in silver sparkling wrapping paper, that I wrapped the night before.

I climbed off the bed and threw on some gray sweats, “Open them.”

Her eyes widened, “Mena… You shouldn’t have.”

I shrugged, “But I did come on, we gotta get on set at six. So open them and we can get dressed…”

She scurried out of bed, throwing on a black nightgown, she kneeled next to the presents, grabbing the smallest box on top of the pile.

I sat on the queen-sized bed, looking at her, “Go ahead.”

She ripped it open and saw it was a ring box, her head shot up at me, “No no, not that kind of ring… Just open it.” I laughed at her reaction.

She did.

It was a sterling silver ring with an opal stone set in it, “Your birthstone. I haven’t seen you wearing any opals, so I decided to buy you one. I had Nay to help with the size… I hope it fits.”

She put it on her left ring finger and shook her hand, the ring stayed on her tiny finger. She smiled, “It fits.” Then she grabbed the medium-sized box, ripped it open. It was a rose quartz pink stoned stretchy bracelet, “For your witchy bracelet collection..” I shrugged, smiling at her.

She put it on, smiling at me, “You pay attention.” She said softly.

“It’s my job…” I shrugged. It was my job as a 'boyfriend' to pay attention and spoil her.

She grabbed the other medium-sized box, she looked at me as she ripped it opened, it was another jewelry box. She bit her lower lip as she opened the box. 

I slid beside her, wrapping an arm around her, smiling at her. 

It was a silver chain with a long pendant dangling from it. She looked at it then at me, “It’s in Arabic..” she said. She wasn’t guessing, she said it matter of factly.