October 12, 2018.

Nichole Simm's POV.

It was a Friday so it was almost the weekend, so we could relax and enjoy ourselves. Lately, he's been doing the under the water scene where Jafar pushes Aladdin in the water near the palace.
I woke up before his alarm and I rolled around. I put my head on his bare chest.
He groaned as his loud buzzing alarm started to go off.
"Morning.." I murmured softly.
He rubbed I am back, "Good morning baby."
I sat up as he slid off the bed and started to get dressed.
I stretched and got ready with him, "Smoothies for breakfast?" I asked as I threw on a Def Leppard shirt paired with black leggings.
He nodded, "Sounds good." He threw on gray sweats with a white shirt.
I quickly brushed my hair, put it in a high ponytail then I brush teeth then he joined me after he got dressed.
We had a routine in the early mornings. We wake up early got dressed, if we showered the night before, then before we go to the sets we grab some kind breakfast in one of the shops near our apartment.
We walked out of the bedroom be I grabbed my black over-the-shoulder Bohemian purse as he grabbed his keys and wallet. We slipped on our shoes then we walked out of the apartment and made our way to the vegan smoothie restaurant.
He ordered two large dark chocolate and bandana smoothies. One for him and one for me. He handed me mine, "Breakfast of champions." As he put his straw into his smoothie.
I shook my head at him as I started to drink my large smoothie, "Get us an Uber, silly."
With his free hand, he had his smartphone in it, "Already ahead of you." He grinned at me.
I smiled and started to drink my smoothie.
Only a few moments later, a car stopped near us, "This is us." Mena said as he started to walk to the Uber car.
We got in and we buckled in, I rested my head on Mena's shoulder, "Sometimes I hate  waking up early."
He kissed my head, "I know sweetheart, I'm sorry."
I sighed, "Another tank day?" I asked, sitting up and sipping my smoothie.
He nodded, "Another wet day." He joked then he drank his smoothie.

-

We were coming back from his trailer when he stopped when he saw two older people standing with Guy.
"Dad! Mom!" He sounded shocked and flabbergasted.
I suddenly stopped walking, wide-eyed.
These were Mena's parents!  I thought as I turned my head at him.
He put on his "Mena" smile on his face as he wrapped an arm around me, gripping my shoulder so I couldn't run for his trailer. 
His mother glanced at him then at me, "Ah is this your gorgeous.. makeup artist?"
She had a thick Arabic accent.
"No, this is Nichole. My girlfriend."
His dad grinned as his mom eyed me carefully, "Bah, she's too thin and too pale."
Mena cocked his head as he said something in Arabic to his mother.
I stood there, uncomfortable and uneasy. Looking back and forth between the two them.
"Bah, no-no no-no no-no. She lives with you?!" Then she went back to rambling in Arabic.
Mena talked to Arabic to his mother.
I bit my lower lip, looking down at the ground, kinda wishing I had subtitles.
"Nichole, you want to grab some tea with me?" His father asked me, also in a thick Arabic accent.
Seeing a way out of this dispute, I nodded, "Uhh... Yes... Umm, we can go to Mena's trailer and have some."
His father and I walked to the trailer and I let him enter before I did.
I busied myself with making tea and getting cups ready.
His father sat down in a chair, "So you dating my son?"
"Yes, sir... I am.. I know I'm probably not the best choice for you and your wife, but he makes me happy. I feel protected around him."
I handed him a cup of tea and he seized my hand and patted it, "That's all it matters. Happiness and safety, yes?"
I smiled at him, I nodded softly, "Yes."
I sat down across him blowing on my own tea, "Your wife doesn't see it that way."
"Mena is our youngest, she's. Uhh.. Very protected of him."
I could understand that. I sighed softly.
"I understand that Mr. Massoud but he's of age. He can make up his own mind."
He nodded, "Yes, yes. I know that."
I sipped my tea then nodded. Then I heard the door swing open and I saw Mena and his mother walk in.
I stood up suddenly, "Hi..." I eyed Mena who I could tell was still fuming, he walked up to me and held my hand, "I don't care what you think or what should happen in our culture... I'm in love with this wonderful woman. She keeps me grounded, keeps me from getting an ego. I adore her and cherish our relationship. She's my..."
The last word was in Arabic but I roughly understood. He said "Shes my world."
Mrs. Massoud sighed and nodded, "If you're sure."
"I am, Mother."

-

Mena Massoud's POV.

Having my parents surprise me on set wasn't what I wanted, yet it happened and they met Nichole not how I wanted them to, but I'm glad it happened.
Dad seemed on board, Mom needed more time but I know that once they got used to each other they would love each other.
I got undressed and folded up the Aladdin costume I had on me slipped on a pair of gray skinny jeans and a white v neck shirt.
I walked out of my trailer and found Nichole with my parents near set, Nichole was talking about the scene I was doing for the last few days.
"Yeah, they give him oxygen every so often in between shots or whenever he signals to them that he needs it." She patted the huge tank and then saw me.
"Seems dangerous!" My mother exclaimed. Nichole shook her head, "Your son is great hands, I promise you."
I lingered listening to them talk about how scary it is to know I'm doing that scene this week.
I smiled as the two women in my life so worried about my life.
I finally joined then shaking my head, "They have professionals with me, I'm in great hands."
We had dinner at an Italian place then we took my parents to their hotel. We made plans for lunch for Saturday.
I let Nichole enter our little apartment then I joined her, "I'm sorry about today. I had no idea they planned on coming by." I shook off my jacket then I locked the door.
"I know, it's alright.  I just need to be Arabic for your mother."
I eyed her.
"Oh no, I need to be Middle Eastern." Moving her arms around.
I cocked my head at her, "That's not fair and you know that." I shook my head at her.
"Why? That's what your mother wants."
I raised my eyebrows at her, "Yeah, not me! Nichole, I don't care. You are perfect for me. She'll get that as she spends time with you." 
She shook her head, tearing up a little, "She hates me.."
I sighed and rubbed my neck, "She just stuck in the old ways, she'll turn around."
Nichole pushed passed me, walking out of the apartment.
"What the.. Where you going!?" I chased after her then grabbing her arm gently, "Nik. Don't leave..."
She shook her arm loose from my grip, "Mena. I need a night alone. I'm going to stay with Naomi.."
Then she walked away.
This time I didn't stop her.