September 19, 2018.

Mena Massoud's POV.

When I woke up, the bed felt cold, I opened my eyes and Nichole wasn't in bed, I jerked up, looking around the room, no sign of her. I jumped out of bed and that is when I saw it, a handwritten note on the nightstand closest to my side of the bed.

I grabbed the note and read it, she went out with one of the bodyguards to get us breakfast.

I sighed rubbing my forehead with my hand, "We have room service, woman." I muttered softly as I shook my head as I sat down on the edge of the bed.

Only moments passed when I heard her enter the room, the guard behind her, checking in on me, I nodded at him, "All good, thanks for taking her out."

He smiled at me as he shut the door.

I eyed her, "We have room service for this reason." I tried sounding stern but then I saw the bags. Yes, bags of food and two coffees. I wrinkled my forehead, "You think I eat a lot or something?"

She pulled out a single but very huge cupcake, "Or something." she said, smiling at me, "Happy late birthday, Mena."

I laughed as I shook my head, "He took you the vegan bakery?" I asked as I stepped closer, glancing at the top of the cupcake and there was in white lettering 'Happy 27th birthday, Mena'.

I smiled at her, kissing her cheek a few times, "You are adorable. Thank you." She shrugged, "No problem, I got us two breakfast wraps, vegan of course, and two coffees, vegan again." She smiled up at me, I smirked at her, she was learning. I thought to myself as I grabbed one of the wraps and shook my head, "You are something else."

She smiled at me, sitting on the bed, linking her ankles together, taking the other wrap, "I didn't know if this hotel had vegan options, so I went out to get food."

I sat down next to her, "There is, hence why we came here." I rolled my eyes at her, "But these wraps are great." I took a bite then swallowed it, "What you wanna do later?"

She shrugged, as she just took a huge bite of her wrap, she swallowed then licked her lips, "Umm, what are we allowed to do without the vultures swarming?"

I snickered softly, "Now that is funny, they are vultures!" She was talking about the press. I wasn't supposed to be back in L.A yet, so we had to be careful.

I dug a piece of food out of between some teeth with my tongue, "Umm, good question." I sighed heavily, "We can stay here, watch movies. Is that okay?"

She nodded, "I am an introvert, so I hate going out in public, that often."

I looked at her, "You just did.." I pointed at her half-eaten wrap, "You got food."

"That often!" She said, smiling at me. She whacked my bicep jokingly.

"Okay, okay." I raised my hands in defeat, "Don't whack m with a pan."

She tried not to smile and pointed a finger at me, "Not funny, mister."

I raised my eyebrows as I laughed, "Oh it was hilarious! Note to self, don't tick you off."

She jokingly slapped my arm again, "Maybe to you, I was scared." She said seriously.

"I know, I'm sorry. You hinted to me to not get involved, so I didn't."

"I knew that if you helped, the cops would go on you even harder." She said, crumbling the wrapper of the wrap.

I nodded at her, "I know." I rubbed my thumb near the corner of her mouth, "Sauce.." I said licking it off my thumb, then I took care of our trash then handed her a coffee as I grabbed the other one for myself.