September 16th, 2018

Chapter 2.

Nichole Simms' POV.

I woke up around eleven as I heard my ringtone for the roommate, I reached for it and clicked 'talk'.

"Hey, roomie, what's up?" I said to him sleepily, I rubbed my eyes and rolled over onto my back.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, his velvety voice giving me goosebumps.

Can you just be attracted to a voice? Is that a thing? Or am I going insane? I am going insane!

"No well yeah, kinda. I was in that weird half asleep half awake thing." I confessed honestly to him.

"Ah, I am sorry, I can call later if you want." The sweet-sounding voice said sadly.

"No! I mean, no, it is alright, what's up?" I said, sitting up in my full-sized black iron bed, and that is when I remembered, "Oh thank you for having my furniture all set up for me when I moved in."

"No problem at all. A friend and I made a night of it before I left for Europe." He said, he sounded like he was walking outside because I could hear birds and his feet hitting gravel or cement.

Europe! He is in Europe!?

"You are filming in Europe? Wow, I bet that is wonderful." I mused softly.

He laughed, "Yeah, I just left the set, it's around seven at night. So that makes it...." He paused a moment, obviously thinking, "Around eleven in the morning, right? Is this a good time to call you most days?"

"Yeah it is eleven and this is a great time to call and catch up with me. I am just getting up and you are whining down from a hard day at work. It is perfect to call."

"Good, so how was your night?" He asked as it sounded like he climbed into a car.

"Please tell me you aren't driving while you on the phone." I said suddenly.

"No, no, I am in my Uber." He said as he chuckled softly.

"Okay, good. I don't want you to wreak." I sighed softly.

"Hardly know me and you still care if I wreak." He said softly, it almost sounded like he was smiling as he spoke.

I shrugged and smiled, "I do care about you, I hope that is alright."

"Of course, I do care about you too." He said.

I smiled as I climbed out of bed and pulled the sheets back up, making it all nicely then walked to the kitchen to make my first cup of coffee.

"You making yourself a cup of coffee?" He asked me as I grabbed an all-black coffee cup down from the cupboard.

"I am, I really like the coffee maker, very fancy."

"I like my vegan coffees, what can I say?" He said, chuckling slightly.

"Oh, you vegan? That is cool. I am lactose intolerant." I said, grabbing my nondairy creamer from the fridge.

He hissed before he spoke, "Oh not fun. There is a lot of vegan products that you can use instead of dairy products."

"Thanks. I am good, I still use CoffeeMate and another coffee creamer that is low-key nondairy, and for ice cream, I eat the nondairy Ben and Jerry's." I put away the creamer.

"There's a nondairy B and J?" He sounded impressed.

"Yeah, a few flavors, and honestly they are the bomb! Very Ben and Jerry's tasting... Just no dairy in them. Don't know if they are vegan per say, but hey, I like them." I pressed a few buttons on the coffee maker then waited.