Texting with Baes

No one seemed like they wanted to text first in the ghost town of the soulmate's group chat. It stayed like that until the evening when Patton finally had enough of letting Virgil have the first move.
Logan tried to reason with Patton, saying that they didn't want to freak him out more, but Patton was done with all of that nonsense.
"Virgil is my precious anxious bean and he won't do the first move!"
"I agree with Patton," Roman piped up from the couch, "I think we need to start out slow and go from there. I think the project is the perfect place to start. I have so many ideas!"
Logan sighed
He knew they were right, he was just scared
People are unpredictable
He knew he had to give in, so he did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now remember Virgil has a crappy phone. It took him a while to text and loading, that was a whole other story.

Virgil was doing homework, finishing a project to be exact, when his phone dinged. Virgil paid no mind to it at first, thinking it was only a notification, but then it started to ding more.
Virgil confused(since he has never actually gotten a text before) picked up his super crappy phone and almost dropped it in surprise.
He had text messages
It's probably a wrong number
Who would want to text you?
Virgil opened the unused app and was shocked at what he saw
The texts were for him

Patton added Logan, Roman and Virgil to group chat
Patton: Hey guys!😁😺😸👋🏻
Logan: Why must you use the emoticons?
Patton: Because why not! They're so cute! 😸
Logan: They are unpractical, they are only silly little pictures.
Patton:☹️
Roman: Greetings! Roman is here, so the party may begin!🤴🏻
Patton:🙀 PARTY!!!!! 🎉 🎈 🎊
Logan:🤦🏻‍♂️
Patton: LOGAN USED AN EMOJI!!!!!!!!😻😸🙀👏🏻
Patton: HI ROMAN!!!!👋🏻
Roman: Greetings Patton👋🏻
Logan: May we start talking about the project?
Roman: Way to be a buzzkill Logan, but I guess your right
Logan: *You're
Roman:🤦🏻‍♂️
Logan: We should meet at the library tomorrow night at 6
Roman: Sounds like a plan 👍🏻
Patton: 👍🏻
Patton: What about Virgil?
Roman: What about him?
Patton: Well he hasn't been answering our texts yet, what if this is the wrong number?
Logan: Well Virgil if you do get these, I highly recommend you give a response and show up tomorrow. If Virgil does not show up, we will simply tell him next time we see him and tell him. We will catch him up and plan with him for another time.
Patton: I guess that sounds like a plan.
Logan: Good, it's all settled now. I need to go finish up homework. Goodbye.
Roman: I also have to go, play rehearsal. Farewell!!
Patton: I guess I should start my project for another class. BYE!!!!! 👋🏻

Virgil read them all, he hated to admit it, but he smiled when reading the banter. He probably stared at his screen for ages. He did try to text, but what was he supposed to say? He liked the way they interacted, he didn't want to ruin that.

That night, after Virgil worried about if he should text them, waiting till night time, he opened the chat and sent his first text message ever...

Virgil: Hi, I got your texts. I'll be there

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry it seemed like that chapter took forever to write! I tried to make this one more fluffy? So I didn't put any trigger warnings, if you read this and think there needs to be some please comment and I will try to fix that!
Thank you for all the views and being so understanding!