31

"Miss Montgomery,you're late."

"And you're really perceptive." I stated,my voice oozing with sarcasm.

A day after the whole Stephanie-Archer cafeteria incident,I was still as grumpy as I was yesterday and I decided that the best thing to do was to take my anger out on Mr. Benson,my first period English teacher.

I walked over to my seat in the middle of the classroom,ignoring the daggers he was glaring at me.

"Miss Montgomery you can't just walk into class whenever you want." He pointed out.

"This" I pointed at my face "is me trying to care less." I scrunched my face up in mock-agony for five seconds before sighing in defeat "Nope,it's not working."

"Keep this up and you're going to get a detention." He threatened. Instead of backing down I looked him in the eyes and maintained eye contact. No one in the class dared to breath as they observed our silent staring contes.

I stared at him without blinking,silently daring him to look away first. A minute later he sighed before turning back to the board.

I used that opportunity to look for Victor. We had English together every morning but he wasn't in class. I wasn't surprised...he hardly ever was in class. For all I know he might be in detention with Ronald and Archer.

Archer.

The thought of my ex boyfriend brought a sharp pain to my heart as if I had just been staked (you know...vampire style).

I was about to getup and leave the class but I decided to stay instead. I had already disturbed Mr. Benson's class,the least I could do was pretend to be interested in what he was saying.

~*~

"You guys fought?" Gen questioned.

"Yeah...it was our first fight." Liv sighed.

It was already time for lunch. Liv,Gen and I were leaning against our lockers as Liv explained what happened between her and Victor.

"He kept on trying to defend Archer. He said Archer must have had a good reason for doing what he did. I can't believe he would actually defend him."

"You can't really blame him. They were friends first." I tried to explain.

"Yeah well I doubt we'll still be together for long." She said gloomily.

"Don't say that!" Gen yelled.

"Don't you dare let my problems mess up your relationship. It will kill me to know that I played a part in your breaking up." I stated truthfully.

"Besides,you guys are our OTP." Gen added.

"Yeah,you have no idea how long we've been waiting for our ship to set sail and we would do anything to keep it that way." I concluded and Liv smiled.

"What would I do without you guys?" She asked and Gen snorted.

"You'd probably burn and die." I missed this. I missed the times when it was just the three of us being ridiculously stupid with each other. I missed how uncomplicated my life was before Stephanie came into the picture. I missed those days when the three of us would sit in Gen's room as Luke listened to is bitch about our day while Rosemary (Gen's maid.) would bake us cookies and milk.

"We should probably go in." Liv commented.

"Yeah. We don't want Stephanie thinking that we're too scared to face her." Gen added.

"As if." I scoffed and together we walked into the cafeteria.

People hadn't gotten over the shock of seeing Stephanie with Archer so when we walked in,some were still staring.