3.5

S

"Grayson! I don't think you understand what I'm saying! He's going to wound up getting hurt or returning back to drugs and partying. I can't lose the love of my life... please atleast give me a hint of where he is! I'm worried sick" I spoke sobbing through the phone as I sat on the couch, two weeks after Ethan left.

No one has seen or heard of him at all, and for all I knew... he was dead or with Kennedy. 

My thoughts were interrupted by the deep voice over the phone that resembled Ethan's so much.

"I'm sorry Shelby, but the last I heard of him was from my mom. She told me he went by there the night of the fight and was asking for me and she told him she didn't know where I was. She said he was angry and left immediately after without saying a word. I wish I could do more... I'm sorry" he spoke and I nodded, even though he couldn't see it over the phone.

"Thank you Grayson" I spoke as I hung up the phone.

Alissa came running down the stairs with her hands cupped together laughing.

"Mom! Look what I found in my room!" She spoke excitedly as she continued to cup her hands together.

"Alissa, I'm tired... please leave me alone" I spoke, feeling bad but I had my mind on other things at the moment.

"I wish I could've went with daddy" she spoke softly as her face dropped and I looked over at her with sorrow written on my face.

"Can I call him?" She spoke and I looked up at her with a confused expression on my face.

"Babe, daddy doesn't have a phone yet" I spoke as her eyes shot up from picking her fingers - Ethan and I's bad habit was passed onto her and although she picked them until they bled sometimes, it was cute seeing her act and look so much like Ethan.

"No! I have his phone number! I'm calling him, I'm not letting you hold me back from talking to him" she yelled at me as she stormed off and I stood up instantly following her to her room upstairs.

"Alissa! Come back here!" I shouted across the hall as she ran into her room and slammed the door. 

I turned the knob and it was locked. I knocked a few times, but evidently she didn't open the door.

I sat against the door and listened attentively.

I heard her dial a number on the house phone. Did Ethan really have a number or was she just making that up? I thought as I waited to hear any talking from her.

"Hi daddy! I miss you" She spoke softly and my heart dropped.

I stood up fast and started pounding on the door.

"Alissa! Open the door right now!" - no answer

"Alissa Dolan! Open the fucking door right now!" I screamed the loudest I had ever screamed at her.

I heard silence from her side of the door and suddenly heard the lock click.

I twisted the door knob and pushed the door in as I looked over at her on her bed without a phone in sight.

"Who was on the phone!" I yelled and she started shaking her head.

"I'm not supposed to tell you! Especially if you're yelling at me! Stop yelling!" She said sobbing on her bed.

I looked over at her and felt sadness flow through my body.

"Ally... if it was daddy, I need to know, please" I begged her as she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"I wish I knew you and daddy before you guys stopped loving eachother" she spoke softly with her head down.

I felt my heart drop instantly.