4.0

E

I closed my eyes as I laid on the couch that had still been here after eight long years.

The same faint smell of blood and marijuana came off of the couch.

I felt the smoke enter my lungs from the joint I was puffing and I felt immediate serenity.

I knew I shouldn't of been getting involved with drugs and Kennedy again, but at the end of the day- it was truly the only place I had to call home. 

They were always here for me when no one else was. They all congratulated me on my low sentence when I walked in and asked if I had seen another Kennedy member in prison- Lamar.

I remember Lamar distinctively.

-

"Dolan" his low voice called past the phone booth and I smiled at his smug expression.

"How was visiting hours?" He dabbed me up and I laughed.

"It was good, Ally's getting huge- feels like everyday I see her she grows bigger and bigger" I smiled big and he patted my shoulder.

"Enjoy it while it lasts, my baby mama won't let me see my baby. Next month is her tenth birthday. I haven't seen her once- that's what time will do to you... Ruins your opportunities" he spoke low and I felt sadness overcome me.

"I gotta sweep T hall but I'll talk to you later lil nigga" he spoke as he laughed and I smiled.

"See you later Lamar"

-

I never saw Lamar after that, he had been beat up beyond belief for reasons that weren't known. 

He was sent to the infirmary and a month later, I was let out.

I missed Lamar but I knew I'd see him again, he was in there for slinging- he didn't get more then 12 years.

I opened my eyes and saw someone I hadn't seen in a long time.

She was laughing as she lined up the coke on the table and rolled up her bill.

She looked back at me before doing her line and winked at me.

I wondered where her kid went, but knowing Angel it was probably in foster care.

I stood up and walked over to her.

Instantly her strong perfume filled my nose and I scrunched my nose at the strong scent.

I tapped her shoulder as she finished her line. She looked back at me in awe.

"How's the infamous Ethan Dolan" She spoke low as she wiped her nose clean and smiled.

"He's good, freshly out of the pen. How have you been?" I spoke as I finished my joint and looked her up and down.

Eight years didn't do her any good. Her hair darker than ever and her body looked starved.

She looked like the definition of a 'cokehead'.

"Don't give me that look, our bodies clearly changed in eight years. You got bigger, I got smaller" she said chuckling and I nodded while throwing my roach on the floor.

"So what brings you back to Kennedy?" She spoke as we made eye contact and she raised her brow.

"Needed a little pick me up" I spoke as I looked down at my roach and she nodded.

"Well, if you need a true pick me up..." she looked down at the coke on the table that wasn't lined up yet.

"Do a line with me sexy" she spoke seductively and our eyes met at I nodded my head.