1 - car lights

~ Lylah's POV ~

"See you Billie!" I yelled as I left her small and cozy home.
Billie and I had been friends pretty much our whole lives and this year in particular we started to really become best friends, the live at each other's houses type.

As I walked out the door, I heard her yell "Bye baby!" And I couldn't help but smile at her use of words. My car was parked just outside, and I realised it's lights were still on.

"Shit!" I shouted, realising it had probably been this way all night meaning my cars battery was almost definitely drained. Anyways, I still got into my car, and tried to start it. And to my luck, it seemed to be fine.

I waved to Billie's dog, Pepper who was sitting at the door as I reversed out the driveway. When I was about 10 minutes from home it began to rain really hard, forcing me to turn on my lights and wind-screen wipers which I know probably wasn't good for my car in the condition it was in, but oh well.

And right as I turned onto the highway, my car started to make a really weird buzzing sound. "Shit.." I said, realising what it must be.

"Shit, shit, shit.. please don't break down now!" I shouted. And then in there, it stopped. In the middle of a highway.

The horrible sound of squeaking tires was merely nothing compared to the absolutely horrendous feeling of being forcefully shoved through my wind-screen. I knew something was bad when nothing hurt and I just wanted to sleep.

"Fuck."

~ Billie's POV ~

"Bye baby!" I shouted out to Lylah as I stood in the kitchen. Baby. I could get used to calling her that. I was quickly snapped out of my day dream when Finneas stood in front of me.

"What you making?" Finneas said. "I'm hungry."
"I'm grabbing myself a bag of Takis, Finneas. You can make food for yourself." I snickered.
"Oh come on.. please Billie.." Finneas said as he made a pouty face.

"Fuck no!" I replied, walking off to my room with the bag of Takis in my hand. As soon as I got to my room, I grabbed out my phone to go on Instagram. I was scrolling down my explore page when my phone starting ringing and as any normal person would do, I answered.

"Hello this is 911 speaking. You were the most recent call of Lylah Smith."
"Wh-what happened?" I replied, feeling awfully sick to my stomach all of a sudden. I don't want these Takis.

"She was in an accident on the highway, we aren't quite sure why yet. That's why we called you. Do you know what could of happened?" Said the sympathetic sounding police officer.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, suddenly realising what they meant not giving them time to answer.
"She was definitely not drunk. She was with me earlier.." I informed. I felt myself start to tear up.

"We already know that. We tested to see if she was intoxicated as soon as we had her in a safe condition."
I was crying at this point. Had I done something? Did I say something? I don't think I did. But what if I did?

"You know what, it's alright, nevermind. Come up to your local police station if you have any questions. Goodbye." The police officer said as she hung up the phone.

"Bitch."

a/n
hiii this is my first chapter of my story called 'kiss me' ! what did you think? i'll be updating soon so stay tuned ☺️