20 - save me

~lylah's pov~

incoming call from, bil, <3

"billie?" i freak out, how did she call me? "oh my fuck, lylah!" you can practically hear her grinning through the phone. "stay on the phone baby, i'm going to track your address." she concentrates at her phone.

"how was your taco bell?" my mind literally only thinking about food. "oh, uh- it was good, why you asking?" she giggles.

"is it not obvious?" i almost snap, stopping myself.

"woah fuck, i'm starving dude." i try to laugh it off. billie responds with a laugh and, "i get it, you're hangry."

~

"got it!" billie exclaims, almost giving me a heart attack. "huh?" i ask confused. "the address. i got it."

"oh my god, yes!" i cheer, brought out of my thoughts by something flashing up on my screen.

"fuck, fuck-" i freak out.

5% low battery mode

"what?" she asks, concerned. "billie, i'm on 5%. i have to go." i feel tears well up in my eyes.

"shit, i'm on my way, goodbye my love." she hangs up, sudden loneliness taking over my body.

"shit, shit, shit!" i bang my hand against the concrete floor, feeling it start to bruise and bleed but ignoring it completely.

suddenly, light foot steps can be heard coming down the stairs to the- is someone here to save me? to hurt me? it can't be brandon, he would never walk quietly..

the door creeks open, the light blinding me but a little girl stands her ground. "lexi.."

"lylah, i have to be quick, the man told me to never come down here, but i know you're going to die if i don't-" she speaks fast.

lexi quickly throws me a water bottle, and waves goodbye with a look of sympathy before closing me back in.

holy shit, what just happened? i love this kid lexi and i don't even know who she is. i look over to the bottle of water. she just saved my life.

*two hours later*

after drinking almost all of the water, i lay on my back, staring at the roof, which i couldn't even see. my head was spinning, i was losing touch with reality. i really was going insane.

i'd see people in here with me, sometimes billie. billie had tried to save me multiple times, according to my head.

*flashback*

"i'm coming, you're going to be okay." i could hear billie, she was here..

"billie?" i cry out, my eyes darting around the dark room. "i'm coming." she continues. my heart beat quickens. "please, i'm right down here billie!" i scream, my head falling back into my hands.

as her footsteps grow quieter, the ringing in my ears intensifies. "i can't find you" i hear billie yell, fear in her voice. "the basement billie the base-" my voice breaks and i begin sobbing, the realisation that i'll be stuck here, until i die.

*end of flashback*

i felt mentally and physically exhausted. my back aches, my head aches, my stomach aches. everything was hurting.

i was so fucking cold. this big hoodie i had borrowed from billie had kept me warm for the past couple days, but now it seems nothing would be enough to keep my body heated.

my phone begins to vibrate, making me jump. billie.. quickly answering, you can hear the worry in her voice.

"i-i'm here, i just-" she stutters, at a loss for words. "billie, i get it if you're scared, just please.." i cry. i can hear her moving around a bit. "okay, okay, get yourself together billie." she talks to herself, getting mentally prepared.

"okay, uh- before i go in, i need to know.. where to find you." billie mumbles. i realise i'm on..

1% low battery mode

panicking, i try to quickly tell her. "so- when you walk in, walk down the hallway and take a left, then just down those stai-" the line goes silent.

"FUCK!" i scream, tears suddenly streaming down my cheeks, beyond my control.

my phone is dead.

A/N

idk what the fuk this is but anywaysssss - i was actually on like 3% writing that last part, rn i'm on 1% and speed typing jfodsgjsdofjdsgoh ok so i have good intentions with this i swear, chapter 21 is almost fully planned sooooo give me a couple days and it'll be out okie thanks for reading bye

(641 words)